Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Barn Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Can you become a member 'on the day' or do you need to join and then come back the following week. :confused:

You sign the forms + pay the membership on the first week, play your day, and you usually get your membership card the next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Can you become a member 'on the day' or do you need to join and then come back the following week. :confused:
    As Samhail said , all you need to do is turn up sign in and get playing.:)

Site will be closed on Sunday 9 th May

Open Saturday as normal
    Appologies if this causes any inconvienience.
    See ya all at the weekend.:)

Dobby.

(p.s. If you know anyone who is not on Boards or the net, and you think they might be intending to come out Sunday could you let them know that we are closed. Thanks.)

Thanks to the HITMAN_ for the fantastic bofar gun props. they look geat.
    And thanks to Ciaran for the bomb props.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hitman__

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    Thanks to the HITMAN_ for the fantastic bofar gun props. they look geat.
    And thanks to Ciaran for the bomb props.:)

Ciaran's bomb boxes were made to a standard that I would aim for in future - well done.

Here's one of my AA gun pics, pls excuse the weird color, camera set to tungsten light by borrower:

picture.php?albumid=1156&pictureid=6162

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Nice one lads really enjoyed the day great success, hats of to Damo and the boys at Redbarn and the Take Aim lads cracking event.

looking forward to the next instalment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 W.Munny

Great day alright ,the marshals were great right up until their hi-vis vests came off,very sneaky.Fair play to the Foxtrot lads had a great chat with a few of them,looking forward to gaming with them or against them again.

Thanks to Al and Ian for the story and thanks to all who played yesterday.Especially the lads from Foxtrot and those who travelled from the country, not forgetting the locals:).
    Enjoyed the day myself and as for us marshals being sneaky.... well it had to be done.;)
    Thanks.
    D.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Which of Saturday or Sunday would be a good day to play this weekend?

Cheers

Bemused wrote: »
    Which of Saturday or Sunday would be a good day to play this weekend?

Cheers
    either one.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dobby, but which day tends to have the better numbers or will have this weekend? I'm travelling from Galway and would prefer as big a game as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

just want to say thanks for the games yesterday damo. they were great craic and was nice to have stricter ammo limits to change it up a bit.

Thanks Dobby, but which day tends to have the better numbers or will have this weekend? I'm travelling from Galway and would prefer as big a game as possible.
    Well then Sunday is usually a bigger numbered game. but you never know till the day itself. whichever day you decide you'll have a good day and some fast action and some sneaky bast*%d games.
    So see how ya go. You decide;)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Danin wrote: »
    Nice one lads really enjoyed the day great success, hats of to Damo and the boys at Redbarn and the Take Aim lads cracking event.

looking forward to the next instalment

I second that. Really well done on a great day's play.

Thanks to Damien and the lads for a great day, Great to play with the Foxtrot lads again, also the reapers and the rifles and all the other players. Very good plot and sub-plots with the morphin marshals making it an action packed day.
    Nice change from marshaling for me. Thanks to Take aim guys and the other behind the scenes heads who made this one of the best days in the Barn so far this year.

Couple of pics:

(1) Mercs on recon patrol
    picture.php?albumid=1156&pictureid=6176

(2) One of the Merc defense squads
    picture.php?albumid=1156&pictureid=6177

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

Fantastic day with great game scenario and good team playing and marshaling. Absolutely love it. Thanks again guys. See ya soon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

good honest playing from all the lads as always well enjoyed by all good to see the lads from foxtrot enjoyed themselves

I'll be travelling over to Red Barn for my first visit this Sunday. Looking forward to some good games and will be meeting at least two others there.

Understand that I have to become a member and that a bottle of bb's is provided - what type out of interest?

I'll be travelling over to Red Barn for my first visit this Sunday. Looking forward to some good games and will be meeting at least two others there.

Understand that I have to become a member and that a bottle of bb's is provided - what type out of interest?
    Yep , membership is a tenner and a bottle of Blasters .20g included.
    Look forward to having you up. Burco will be on for coffee :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

hey damo any more pics of sunday floating around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Drum

Sunday the 9th May I think was the best game of airsoft I have ever played. Want to thank Damo,Neill,Ronan,Jerry and Al and Ian for a great day and a great story line:D Everything went smoothly and it was good to play with the Foxtrot lads for the 1st Time:D Hope to see ya's again. Thanks Dale,Larry And Adam:D

roryk1 wrote: »
    hey damo any more pics of sunday floating around
    Yeah gimme a few days to get them up on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

One newby for tomorrow please! :)
    Cant wait to get out skirmishing again!

After a hard morning's marshaling on Saturday at Red Barn, we had a bit of fun in the afternoon. Thanks to Gerry for the photos. Here's a couple of shots taken for the crack :D.
    See you all tomorrow.
    Hitman.

picture.php?albumid=1156&pictureid=6243

picture.php?albumid=1156&pictureid=6244

picture.php?albumid=1156&pictureid=6245

Thanks to everybody that came out to the Barn this weekend. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.:)

Cheers Dobby,

Had a blast in what is a superb venue, well laid out with an excellent variety of games and with a very clever respawn system that is a game in itself. The structures you have throughout the place really add to the atmosphere and create little tactical "pockets" for all kinds of sneakiness.

Of course what actually made the day were the players and marshalls - top bunch the lot and it was particularly great to see the number of kids there - I have a 5 year old boy myself and look forward to playing alongside him some day. On the way home I was reflecting that this is the type of publicity airsoft needs as a counterpoint to the sensationalist nonsense that is commented on elsewhere. In what other sport can kids play a game with their parents and other adults where they are warmly received and complemented on their play in an honour based system? Contrast this with what I often see in competitive sports where the parents shout and scream at the kids from the sidelines,....

To anyone who is looking for great games with great people in a top-class environment you owe it to yourself to get over to RedBarn. I'll be back.

Cheers guys.

Thanks Bemused, I'm glad you had such a nice day. Hope to see you back as soon as you can get up to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

Hey Dobby - I sent an email to the website on thursday but only realized today i had .ie down instead of .com
    I was hoping to rock up tomorrow with a mate.
    He'll need all the gear, i'll just need boots (both size 10/11).
    I'm assuming there'll be no hassle dropping up tomorrow will there?
    Cheers
    N

Hey Dobby - I sent an email to the website on thursday but only realized today i had .ie down instead of .com
    I was hoping to rock up tomorrow with a mate.
    He'll need all the gear, i'll just need boots (both size 10/11).
    I'm assuming there'll be no hassle dropping up tomorrow will there?
    Cheers
    N
    I've just emailed you.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Abram

anyone got a number for making bookings for these guys? mobile number on the website aint working?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement