Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KC's Curry Sauce!!!

Options
  • 08-04-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

Anyone notice that KC's curry sauce - for years the stuff of legend - is now just terrible?

Gone from being the best curry sauce in the world (no I'm NOT exaggerating) it's now a funny sort of licqoricey flavour (if you'll excuse the term).

Just not nice.

Bring back the real curry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

I cant help but think it has something to do with the original lads that ran it (I dunno if they were father and son) moved away. They opened a KCs somewhere else. Jaysus my memory is shockin tonight. BUt since then I find everything on the KCs menu has gone down in standard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

It all went down hill about 5 years ago when they changed the cheese they used in the burgers.

Bring back the funny old fella with the glasses!
    I had a chilli bean thing in there the last night and I must say it is fantastic! It's chips drowned in curry baked beans kidney beans cheese and maybe other stuff. Twas a meal in itself. The office didn't smell the may west the next day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well, their chips are definitely good and bad. Some days they're fantastic, and some days they're just rotten. My favourite dish there's the Creole, which used to be an ordinary pitta, with the grilled chicken, mayo, lettuce and chips inside. Now it's a grease laden pitta, with far too much mayo.

I wholeheartedly agree about the curry though!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

The grease makes me gag after 3 or 4 bites. It's nasty. I left half a creole on a newspaper once and the grease made it about 20 pages into it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

They've introduced an option with any of the Pittas now, you can ask for 'easy mayo' which is less mayonaise, and makes the whole thing more palatable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Creole has gotten WAY smaller aswell! It used to be a meal in itself but you defo need something to go with it now, and of course the prices keep increasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

IS that KCs there in Douglas? God, I remember that when I was living there as a student....a flaming pig in the spud... a vampire burger. he never sold ordinary coke, only fat coke (as opposed to diet coke). That was the best take away ever..... I used to love stopping back there, always wondered if it had changed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Whats ordinary coke and whats fat coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Hogzy wrote: »
    Creole has gotten WAY smaller aswell! It used to be a meal in itself but you defo need something to go with it now, and of course the prices keep increasing!

+1

I get a sausage to stuff in there with it these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mary70

Forgive me for asking but where is KC's ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mary70

Not that I'll be going there if the curry sauce is so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

mary70 wrote: »
    Forgive me for asking but where is KC's ??

its in douglas village across from chartbusters,you cant miss it theres always a big queue outside,there isnt another chipper like it in cork

http://www.kcschipper.com/menu.html reading the menu is making me hungry,theres a map on the site aswell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

Hogzy wrote: »
    Whats ordinary coke and whats fat coke?
    When someone asked for a diet coke, he gave them a diet coke.... when someone asked for a coke, he called it a fat coke.....funny after a heap of pints in a ho ho sort of way....not at all funny 15 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I had the curry sauce last Friday - far better than most places, theres nothing nicer than the polynesien for me yum

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ned67

Only goes to prove that there's no accounting for taste.

General opinion though is that the old stuff was WAY better.

Barr - had you tried the old curry? (Pre about 6 months ago?)

Honestly don't think that the stuff in general has gone down hill. But BRING BACK OUR CURRY SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

what i find strange about KC's is that it tastes absolutely savage in the evening and at night but is really disappointing at lunch time

surely if its the same food theyre cooking it should taste the same??

or maybe theyre lunch time staff just arent as good...

Advertisement