Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to find belgium beer in ireland

• 08-04-2009 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

hi anyone know where i can get Brugse Zot in ireland ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

OP - you may get a better response in the Beer & Wine & Spirits forum. Good luck!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've never seen it here, but if anywhere was going to have it it'd be Redmond's of Ranelagh or the Abbot's Alehouse in Cork. Other similar blondes are easier to get, I think. Maredsous 6, for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

You can order it from the cracked kettle if Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Yeah I doubt you'll find it over here in any shop, it's a small brewery, doubt they'd have the capability to make enough that there'd be a big export market.
    There are loads of other belgian beers available though, Redmonds, Deveneys, Drinkstore and many other good offies often have interesting beers to pick up.

kenmc wrote: »
    it's a small brewery, doubt they'd have the capability to make enough that there'd be a big export market.
    They get around a surprising amount. I've certainly seen them outside Belgium.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    They get around a surprising amount. I've certainly seen them outside Belgium.
    I've seen them in Holland a couple of times, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Breda and Utrecht I think, but other than that nothing over the waters. I'd say you'd get them occasionally in the bordering countries moreso than anything else.

that's so not fair. we're nearer than them :(

I don't think either of them are particularly good beers. Workmanlike, but not much above Leffe standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I don't think either of them are particularly good beers. Workmanlike, but not much above Leffe standard.

fairenough will get my working overalls on so :rolleyes:i thought it was the best beer i have drank thanks for the replys everybody if anyone spots it in ireland or n ireland let me know thanks

• Advertisement

duckysauce wrote: »
    i thought it was the best beer i have drank
    Sorry, no offence intended :o But have you tried it against some of the more commonly available Belgian blondes, like Duvel or Affligem Blonde? A beer in the hand and all that...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

No harm in seeing if some of the other commonly blondes will be able to fill the void eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Sorry, no offence intended :o But have you tried it against some of the more commonly available Belgian blondes, like Duvel or Affligem Blonde? A beer in the hand and all that...

none taken yeah i sampled quite a few of the other beers when i was in belguim, all good but i liked this one best

Advertisement