Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best comedy albums

• 08-04-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a little inspiration please. Can anybody recommend some really good comedy albums as I seem to be listening to the same ones endlessly and I need to break free! I love Chris Rock and Rodney Dangerfield and I must have nearly worn out Strategic Grill Locations by Mitch Hedberg I've played it so often (the greatest comedy album ever!). I quite like Jack Dee, Sean Hughes, Jerry Seinfeld and some Richard Pryor but I get bored of some of the American ones and the English ones just seem ****. I hate Lee Evans, Dane Cook, and also any of those northern style English ones...I could list a thousand I hate but very few I actually like! Oh, I forgot about Bill Hicks and George Carlin - I like them but don't like my comedy too preachy either. Some of their stuff is really good but some seems too angry and bitter. I want a laugh at the end of the day! Lewis Black and Denis Leary I hate also. Some David Cross is ok. Early Eddie Murphy was funny in places (James Brown, Michael Jackson skits) but excessively homophobic and misogynstic for my liking.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The Sam Kinison albums are incredible. He was never able to do his best material on American televison because of the content, so these albums are his legacy.

The most fearless performer of any genre that I have ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SaintHubbins

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've heard a lot about Sam Kinison. Must check him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

2 Albums you must check out are
    Dave Atell - Skanks for the Memories
    Bobcat Goldthwait - I Don't Mean to Insult You, But You Look Like Bobcat Goldthwait
    Comedic genius

Mitch Hedberg - Do you believe in Gosh & Mitch all together
    I love Mitch I thought he was brilliant
    Also Ron White's 2 Albums are good
    You can't fix Stupid & Drunk in public

I will have to disagree with Rented mule on Sam Kinison not very good imo
    The most fearless performer is Jerry Sadowitz by a stretch

Advertisement