Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: crew for heist (nobody gets killed)

• 08-04-2009 11:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I'm putting together a crew for a particularly dangerous heist. The risks are high, but the rewards are worth it. For me, this will be my last job before retirement. I want to settle down with my sweetheart, maybe buy a house with a porch, a nice white picket fence, raise a family.

Anybody who comes in on this, does so on the condition that nobody gets killed. Plus, know that there's a tough, unorthodox, loose cannon detective all over me like a cheap suit. It's personal (I killed his partner, and accidentally killed his young son), and although he's been stripped of his badge and piece, he seems to be working the case now in his own time. I'm no psychiatrist, but from my dealings with him, I'd say he lives life firmly on the edge. I just thought I should make all the facts available.

Any takers?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Ja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Will there be a black guy on the crew to say "Dammmmnnnnn" every now and again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Ja

You've got balls. I'll give you that. But can you restrain yourself from killing a civilian when the chips are down? I don't see much evidence of that in your demeanour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Im in. I may have a history with your girlfriend though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can we provide our own gun?

• Advertisement

Will there be a black guy on the crew to say "Dammmmnnnnn" every now and again

Yeah, Leroy's in. Best damn getaway man I ever worked with. He's also been shot in every single caper we've ever pulled, but somehow pulls through. Man's got more lives than a cat.

zuroph wrote: »
    Im in. I may have a history with your girlfriend though.

Can't see that causing too many problems when the stress amps up. I am violently jealous, but business is business.

Random wrote: »
    Can we provide our own gun?

Once you're not one of those crazy cats who brings a gun that would stop a tank in its tracks. Bring something practical. M16 at the very -- and I do mean 'very' -- most.

dublinario wrote: »
    You've got balls. I'll give you that. But can you restrain yourself from killing a civilian when the chips are down? I don't see much evidence of that in your demeanour.

Ja. Das ist true

Und ich nein das Nazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Gun? Did someone say gun? I'm in! (Plus I make a mean chocolate brownie - crews need energy.)

• Advertisement

Can't see that causing too many problems when the stress amps up. I am violently jealous, but business is business.
    Cool. Its business.. its business time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I'm thinking of putting together a crew for a particularly dangerous heist. The risks are high, but the rewards are worth it. For me, this will be my last job before retirement. I want to settle down with my sweetheart, maybe buy a house with a porch, a nice white picket fence, raise a family.Any takers?

The above means it is inevitable you will die in the last act....

Leroy is black so that poor fcuker won't make it to the end of the job....

A crew is traditionally made up of 4 to six people....that leaves me a 25% chance of taking the lot......if you take on the loose cannon it bumps up my chances to 33% because that crazy asshole will shoot himself.

Count me in.

Yes, I will shoot a civilian to get to a cop.

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Gun? Did someone say gun? I'm in! (Plus I make a mean chocolate brownie - crews need energy.)

Every crew needs a full-time chef. You're in. Just make sure not to make anything with too much saturated fat. Also, learn to use a bazooka.

Once you're not one of those crazy cats who brings a gun that would stop a tank in its tracks. Bring something practical. M16 at the very -- and I do mean 'very' -- most.

minigun2.jpg

Das ist gut, nein?

Cool. Its business.. its business time.

I will dispassionately overlook the fact that you ultimately beat and tried to rape her, because that is personal, and this is business.

The above means it is inevitable you will die in the last act....

Leroy is black so that poor fcuker won't make it to the end of the job....

A crew is traditionally made up of 4 to six people....that leaves me a 25% chance of taking the lot......if you take on the loose cannon it bumps up my chances to 33% because that crazy asshole will shoot himself.

Count me in.

Yes, I will shoot a civilian to get to a cop.

The only treacherous dog I can tolerate, is an honest treacherous dog. You're in. After the heist, I will entrust you with the suitcase while I go and finish my unfinished business with the loose cannon cop. So long as you don't abscond with the money -- which I'm trusting you not to do -- everything will be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Count me in, I'll be the getaway driver with a big black BMW with tinted windows, have to be inconspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Every crew needs a full-time chef. You're in. Just make sure not to make anything with too much saturated fat. Also, learn to use a bazooka.

Done and done, sir!

Might I suggest a secret weapon?

I don't suppose your Asian, are you? We're trying to spread the ethnicity around. It would really help if you were Asian, or perhaps from the Pacific islands? If not, would you be prepared to 'minstrel up'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Only if I can be mister blue. No, if I have to be mister pink.

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Might I suggest a secret weapon?

It's not a laser beam, is it? Because I'm old-school.

The only treacherous dog I can tolerate, is an honest treacherous dog. You're in. After the heist, I will entrust you with the suitcase while I go and finish my unfinished business with the loose cannon cop. So long as you don't abscond with the money -- which I'm trusting you not to do -- everything will be fine.

Cool....as long as I can use the catchphrase "fcuking jackpot baby".....and you must not laugh when I say it in an American accent...maybe while smoking a fat la-di-da.

Ist das guht? Ich heise das nein patient

Thrill wrote: »
    Only if I can be mister blue. No way will I be mister pink.

We will all have girls names. I'm Missy, you're Jessica, Leroy is Marianne (etc etc).

Cool....as long as I can use the catchphrase "fcuking jackpot baby".....and you must not laugh when I say it in an American accent...maybe while smoking a fat la-di-da.

Catchphrases will be assigned before the heist, and nobody will deviate from script. For example, when I plant a knife into the bank manager's shirt, pinning him to his office door, I will say "stick around". I will not say "get the point", or "not too sharp, are you?" I will not improvise. I will stick to the script, like all of us. "Stick around". End of story. It's when people start improvising that things go nasty.

That said, people can suggest catchphrases in advance.

Ist das guht? Ich heise das nein patient

We'll need you for getting into and out of Berlin. That's not where the heist is, but I just have to visit my grandmother on the way.

I will dispassionately overlook the fact that you ultimately beat and tried to rape her, because that is personal, and this is business.
    That what she told you? oh that girl :). Still keeps her secrets well I see.

That what she told you? oh that girl :). Still keeps her secrets well I see.

(breathe...business is business, business is business...breathe...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Dublinario, we've got unfinished business.
    If I don't get my pay off from the last heist I'll turn your world upside down. I'll bring this goal crumbling down around you while you writhe in agony lying on that cold cell floor, ruing the day you came in contact with me.

Put up, pay up and shut up

• Advertisement

I have learned gooder english and I am, how you say, ready to join.

And I have winning the german national gambling company and I now have silver gun

minigun_m-134.jpg

And I got, how you say, my hair cut

tf2_heavy_update.jpg

dyl10 wrote: »
    Dublinario, we've got unfinished business.
    If I don't get my pay off from the last heist I'll turn your world upside down. I'll bring this goal crumbling down around you while you writhe in agony lying on that cold cell floor, ruing the day you came in contact with me.

Put up, pay up and shut up

Let's put aside our beef, the fact we clearly despise each other, our mistrust, and work together on this heist. Despite our history of double, treble, and in some cases, quadruple-crossing, I believe we can act professionally and deliver on this job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Where is this ex-detective now?

Are you not afraid he is reading this thread?

Or maybe one of the other posters could be him pretending to help you but all along planning your downfall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is this for real or just an after hours joke?

OP, if its for real PM me.

Saibh wrote: »
    Where is this ex-detective now?

Last I heard, he was drunk out of his mind, crashed out below deck on his boat (on which he lives since his ex-wife took his house), pawing a cracked photo of his dead son and dead partner, holding a pistol in his hand with a single bullet in an unknown chamber.

I further believe that he occasionally spins the barrel of the gun, puts it to his temple, and pulls the trigger. Thus far, the one in six odds of him dying have not worked against him.

syklops wrote: »
    Is this for real or just an after hours joke?

Depends. Are you with the feds? Now I've asked, if you lie and say 'no', then anything further I tell you cannot see me arrested, because that would be entrapment. I know my rights, pig.

• Advertisement

Last I heard, he was drunk out of his mind, crashed out below deck on his boat (on which he lives since his ex-wife took his house), pawing a cracked photo of his dead son and dead partner, holding a pistol in his hand with a single bullet in an unknown chamber.

I further believe that he occasionally spins the barrel of the gun, puts it to his temple, and pulls the trigger. Thus far, the one in six odds of him dying have not worked against him.

I more like to playing this russian roulette with the semi auto pistol

I more like to playing this russian roulette with the semi auto pistol

I did porridge with a guy who played Russian roulette with a cast-iron spatula. Messy, messy business...

Catchphrases will be assigned before the heist, and nobody will deviate from script. For example, when I plant a knife into the bank manager's shirt, pinning him to his office door, I will say "stick around". I will not say "get the point", or "not too sharp, are you?" I will not improvise. I will stick to the script, like all of us. "Stick around". End of story. It's when people start improvising that things go nasty.

That said, people can suggest catchphrases in advance.

So will you take my catchphrase suggestion on board or are you placating me so I will take the job, then hitting me with a load of terms I would never have initially agreed to?

Come to think of it is this Union backed?

I feel like I really haven't asked the right questions at first point of contact.

Although I liked your stab quotes.....i am getting a hard on for this job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Instead of a crew can we call ourselves a team, possibly even an A team? :D

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Instead of a crew can we call ourselves a team, possibly even an A team? :D

The crew is called the Pink Snuggle Bears. It is deliberately named to lull our enemies into a false sense of security. That said, I want every member to be proud to call himself a Pink Snuggle Bear. Tattoos of the same name are encouraged, but not mandatory.

• Advertisement

So will you take my catchphrase suggestion on board or are you placating me so I will take the job, then hitting me with a load of terms I would never have initially agreed to?

Come to think of it is this Union backed?

I feel like I really haven't asked the right questions at first point of contact.

Although I liked your stab quotes.....i am getting a hard on for this job.

Yes, we are unionised. Last week, instead of robbing an AIB, we instigated a picket line outside, in support of a North side crew whose leader was not divvying up the spoils fairly. Halfway through the day, some other crew came marching past us and robbed the joint. Feckin scabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Thread of the year.

Also, less German and more stealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

The crew is called the Pink Snuggle Bears. It is deliberately named to lull our enemies into a false sense of security. That said, I want every member to be proud to call himself a Pink Snuggle Bear. Tattoos of the same name are encouraged, but not mandatory.

Great plan dublinario. I'll have mine straight across my forehead just to lull them even further :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Here's a funny thing that happened me. He asked me if I ever done armed
    robbery before. I read him my
    credits. I robbed a few gas and
    sips, sold some weed, told him
    recently I held the shotgun while
    me and another guy pulled down a
    poker game in Portland.
    ...this was during the Los Angeles
    marijuana drought of '86. I still
    had a connection. Which was
    insane, 'cause you couldn't get
    weed any****inwhere then. Anyway,
    I had a connection with this
    hippie chick up in Santa Cruz.
    All and my friends knew it. And
    they'd give me a call and say,
    "Hey, Freddy, you buyin some, you
    think you could buy me some too?"
    They knew I smoked, so they'd ask
    me to buy a little for them when I
    was buyin. But it got to be
    everytime I bought some weed, I
    was buyin for four or five
    different people. Finally I said,
    "**** this ****." I'm makin this
    bitch rich. She didn't have to do
    jack ****, she never even had to
    meet these people. I was ****in
    doin all the work. So I got
    together with her and told her,
    "Hey, I'm sick of this ****. I'm
    comin through for everybody, and
    nobody's comin through for me.
    So, either I'm gonna tell all my
    friends to find their own source,
    or you give me a bunch of weed,
    I'll sell it to them, give you the
    money, minus ten percent, and I
    get my pot for free." So, I did
    if for awhile...
    but then that got to be a pain
    in the ass. People called me on
    the phone all the ****in time. I
    couldn't rent a ****in tape
    without six phone calls
    interrupting me. "Hey, Freddy,
    when's the next time you're gettin
    some?" "Mother****er, I'm tryin
    to watch 'Lost Boys'-- when I have
    some, I'll let you know." And
    then these rinky-dink pot heads
    come by--there's my friends and
    everything, but still. I got all
    my **** laid out in sixty dollar
    bags. Well, they don't want sixty
    dollars worth. They want ten
    dollars worth. Breaking it up is
    a major ****in pain in the ass. I
    don't even know how much ten
    dollars worth is. "Well, ****,
    man, I don't want that much
    around. If I have that much
    around I'll smoke it." "Hey, if
    you guys can't control your
    smokin, that's not my problem.
    You mother****ers been smokin for
    five years, be a adult about it."
    Finally I just told my connection,
    count me out. But as it turns
    out, I'm the best guy she had, and
    she depended alot on my business.
    But I was still sick to death of
    it. And she's trying to talk me
    into not quitin.
    Now this was a very weird
    situation, 'cause I don't know if
    you remember back in '86, there
    was a major ****in drought.
    Nobody and anything. People were
    livin on resin and smokin the wood
    in their pipes for months. And
    this chick had a bunch, and was
    beggin me to sell it. So I told
    her I wasn't gonna be Joe the Pot
    Man anymore. But I would take a
    little bit and sell it to my
    close, close, close friends. She
    agreed to that, and said we'd keep
    the same arrangement as before,
    ten percent and free pot for me,
    as long as I helped her out that
    weekend. She had a brick of weed
    she was sellin, and she didn't
    want to go to the buy alone...

Traffic tickets gone to warrant.
    They stopped him for something,
    found the warrants on 'im, took
    'im to jail. She doesn't want to
    walk around alone with all that
    weed. Well, I don't wanna do
    this, I have a bad feeling about
    it, but she keeps askin me, keeps
    askin me, finally I said okay
    'cause I'm sick of listening to
    it. Well, we're picking this guy
    up at the train station.
    So we
    get to the train station, and
    we're waitin for the guy. Now I'm
    carrying the weed in one of those
    carry-on bags, and I gotta take a
    piss. So I tell the connection
    I'll be right back, I'm goin' to
    the little boys room...

So I walk into the men's room,
    and who's standing there?

...six Los Angeles County Sheriffs
    and a German Shepherd.

No. They were just a bunch of
    cops hangin out in the men's room,
    talkin. When I walked through the
    door they all stopped what they
    were talking about and looked at
    me.

The German Shepherd starts
    barkin'. He's barkin' at me. I
    mean it's obvious he's barkin' at
    me.
    Every nerve ending, all of my
    senses, the blood in my veins,
    everything I has was screaming,
    "Take off, man, just take off, get
    the **** outta there!" Panic hit
    me like a bucket of water. First
    there was the shock of it--BAM,
    right in the face! Then I'm just
    standin there drenched in panic.

And all those sheriffs are lookin
    at me and they know. They can
    smell it. As sure as that ****in
    dog cam, they can smell it on me.

so am i in yeah?

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Great plan dublinario. I'll have mine straight across my forehead just to lull them even further :pac:

I like your verve. You've just promoted yourself up the crew ranks. Do me a favour: don't buy a boat called 'The Live Forever', or talk endlessly about your beloved wife and daughter. I might need you for future jobs (despite this being my last job before retirement).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

If theres a sufficient hole in your plot, I could happily fill it with having access to Ireland's Largest pinch, currently housed at some sort of research facility that I haven't bothered to make up yet.

It will fit in under the seat of a piaggio 50cc/or similar sized moped and once turned it will cut power to at least three lighbulbs.

I can throw in a dodgy English accent for free (ala Basher in Ocean's eleven) just for my own sh1ts and giggles

"It will be nice to work with proper villians again"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stabmasterarson

Is the position of computer hacker/ expendable geek taken? ''IM ALMOST IN!!!!'' etc..

masonman wrote: »
    If theres a sufficient hole in your plot, I could happily fill it with having access to Ireland's Largest pinch, currently housed at some sort of research facility that I haven't bothered to make up yet.

It will fit in under the seat of a piaggio 50cc/or similar sized moped and once turned it will cut power to at least three lighbulbs.

I can throw in a dodgy English accent for free (ala Basher in Ocean's eleven) just for my own sh1ts and giggles

"It will be nice to work with proper villians again"

You're in. I'm going to need a whole raft of implausible equipment, and I'll need it yesterday e.g. a hand-held device for turning traffic lights from green to red, a laptop that can hack CIA and FBI mainframes, night-vision goggles that can also see in heat spectrums (ala Predator), a car with a nitro boost (ala Mad Max), and the 'telepods' from The Fly. I'm counting on you buddy.

Is the position of computer hacker/ expendable geek taken? ''IM ALMOST IN!!!!'' etc..

Welcome aboard. Do you wear glasses? If not, we'll supply you with a fake pair of lens-less frames. If you don't already have it, you'll need to cultivate an awkwardness and a sarkiness. Also, I need to be frank and tell you that you almost certainly will get killed. If it's any consolation (and I don't know why it would be), it won't be the cops that get you, but one of the sixty or seventy potential double-crossers who have posted in this thread.

banquo wrote: »
    Thread of the year.

Also, less German and more stealing.

Das ist das outrage.

Fįck ju. Fįck ju all!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement