Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doolin in January?

• 08-04-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey,

We're in Galway and thinking of having our wedding reception down in Doolin, Co. Clare There is a lovely new hotel there we've seen and love. But does anyone know what Doolin is like in January tho (just before, or just after New Years Eve), as we and our guests (30 or 40 people) would be staying 2 nights. Is it completely dead, or still a bit of life down there????

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's always a bit of life there, people don't go there for the weather much :) Surfers love when it's windy (at sea) so it doesn't matter if it's raining or not, and people go there for hens and stags the whole time, should be good craic I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ob1kanobee

Thanks Clareman , me and him love surfin down there when we get the chance, although I doubt I'll venture in at that time of year, I'd say he might. Good to know theres a bit of january craic so in the pubs for our guests, we might chance it, thanks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's always trad sessions on in most of the pubs so there'll be good craic in most places, considering that most of your guests will already know each other there'll be some banter.

I remember a surfer telling me that the sea was as warm in the winter as in the summer so it didnt' make a difference, I took his word for it, I prefer for my surfing to begin with google not peeing in a wet suit

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

doolin is a great spot the GF is from the area, January will be quieter than it is summer. but saying that the pubs will be comfortably full. i would prob have it before new year if i could if i were you. People seem to stop going out after the new years day. heading back to work / had enough drink

Advertisement