Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

middle eastern music

Options
  • 08-04-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hello all,

I am wondering can anyone recommend me good composers of middle eastern style of music, that kind of atmospheric haunting woman wailing with traditional instruments.. its the kind of music used for bedtracks on documentary's you watch about Iraq or Egypt or any of these countries in the middle east.. sorry if im being vague here but i dont know what the genre is called or what country considers this music to be their traditional music.. im just hunting for it because i find it very euphoric to listen to and like it alot..
    i did find some nice scores from the Gladiator soundtrack but these are very short and lacking in traditional instruments.. also more geared towards big orchestras for film..

anyway.. replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks all

Comments

Advertisement