Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPG's, Magic...... Any Interest?

• 08-04-2009 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any interest in playing Magic or any RPG's (Call of Cthulhu, Dnd, Vampire etc etc)

Very short and sweet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

Edit: I was talking about the wrong subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

what are we talking about here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh im confused also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

RPG's .....roleplaying games. Stuff like World of warcraft....although I think technically thats a MMORPG... I am sure Queen Mise can correct me.

I have never really gotten into them on the PC although would be interested in them...but nothing can top the old Hero Quest board game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

RPG's .....roleplaying games. Stuff like World of warcraft....although I think technically thats a MMORPG... I am sure Queen Mise can correct me.

I have never really gotten into them on the PC although would be interested in them...but nothing can top the old Hero Quest board game.

Well that clears things up.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I am actually talking about people being in the same room without any electrical equipment.

Magic is a card based game. All the rest Dnd, Vampire or CoC are all paper based with a DM (Dungeon Master), who runs the game.

Very very addictive and great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

i would love to play some magic again, or get into DnD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I am actually talking about people being in the same room without any electrical equipment.

Magic is a card based game. All the rest Dnd, Vampire or CoC are all paper based with a DM (Dungeon Master), who runs the game.

Very very addictive and great fun.

Ah my bad. Never really played the card games, but as I said I enjoyed Hero Quest. Reckon DnD would be pretty cool.

Anyone remember the rpg adventure books?

how bout boards online dnd?

im DM, and i control this dungeon?

Ah my bad. Never really played the card games, but as I said I enjoyed Hero Quest. Reckon DnD would be pretty cool.

Anyone remember the rpg adventure books?

Dnd is very very cool, it is so much fun playing it. And also doesn't cost anything to play, its all win/win.
    I used to love those books, read so many of them.

aynon wrote: »
    how bout boards online dnd?

im DM, and i control this dungeon?

No not online, it is so much more fun playing in person with real people !!!
    They are already a RPG forum where a game can be started if you wanted. I'd much prefer to have a game in person though.

So do I have two willing volunteers to start a game in Carlow, I know one person willing to play too :D:D

• Advertisement

sold! where and when then?

They are already a RPG forum where a game can be started if you wanted

So whats the point of this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

ShayK1 wrote: »

i presume it to find people in the locality who want to participate and take part in one of these games. I don't see the problem with this.

ShayK1 wrote: »

Why did you take that sentence out of my post out of its context - to then question the point of the thread.

Read my post again and you will see the answer.

sold! where and when then?

Tonight (bearing in mind its after twelve), Magic in my house.

I have to get all my own copies of Dnd books before I can run any games. I'll order some this week.

Seemingly there is a Monday Magic night, being held somewhere in Carlow, I'll find out more details later.

Do you have Magic cards aynon, or will you need to borrow a deck from someone. I have a couple of decks here, none of them really polished into anything powerful as yet.

got me a box, but have long forgotten how to play properly.

sounds erm interesting

join us pat.

yes join us.

join us pat.

yes join us.

i think ill decline but thanks anyhow

zombies_vs_locals.jpg

join us....

• Advertisement

got me a box, but have long forgotten how to play properly.

so have I tbh, I am sure its like riding a bike. I have someone though tomorrow night that knows exactly what he is doing.

I am looking at it like a refresher course :p:p:p

patrickc wrote: »
    sounds erm interesting

Don't be sarcastic pat, call it like it is - 'sad' as my hubby would say :pac::pac::pac:

He tells me he will tolerate it, but the first time he says something 'nerdy', it is banned from the house for the remainder of our marraige.:o:o:o

Don't be sarcastic pat, call it like it is - 'sad' as my hubby would say :pac::pac::pac:

He tells me he will tolerate it, but the first time he says something 'nerdy', it is banned from the house for the remainder of our marraige.:o:o:o

i dont know if its sad cos i dont know anything about it, but wouldnt be my cup of tea i know that

patrickc wrote: »
    i dont know if its sad cos i dont know anything about it, but wouldnt be my cup of tea i know that

I play Magic and DnD, and although I really enjoy and love playing them - a part of my mind is going - this is sad. But I can't stop myself. I wonder is it an addiction.

*off to find an RPG addiction counsellor*

Why did you take that sentence out of my post out of its context - to then question the point of the thread.

Read my post again and you will see the answer.

I just did. I don't know how I missed this
    I'd much prefer to have a game in person though.

Now I see the point of the thread. Sorry.

Advertisement