Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was the movie you hated most and why

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Moulin Rouge. God musical esque-sh1te... hated it.

Was gonna nom this one also. Went to see it with an s/o when it was in cinemas. Absolutely hated every single second of it but regardless sat there smiling politely so as not to ruin the viewing experience for the other person. As cherry on the cake I got dumped by this person a couple of days later so I probably needn't have bothered.

Several years later I decided to watch it again on DVD just because I couldn't fathom hating a movie so much. Thought I perhaps it was just the surrounding events of the cinema screening that had temporarily clouded my judgement? As it turned out, after the resit I came away hating the movie *even more* that I had before. It really is the most painful piece of shíte I have ever seen (or suspect I ever will see).

So much so I've made a promise to myself that I will NEVER watch another Baz Luhrman movie for as long as I live and .... so far I have succeeded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

for me, it's gotta be either "The Prestige", intiresting concept ruined by a plot so full of holes it can't stay afloat and a terrible, hackneyd ending...

or...wait for it...

Godzilla. heard great things about this '54 classic, but when I finally watched it , found people so wooden it would make Pat Kenny cringe, a cheesy rubbish looking monster and special effects that went out of date twenty years earlier. messages are suppose to e subtle, not ham-fistedly shoved down our troaths so hard we gag them back up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I absolutely hated 'Dark Water'...it was the most miserable depressing horrible film - Gawd!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

For me it's a toss up between Chicago or Bad Boys. OK, I hate musicals, and I know I shouldn't have gone...
    Bad Boys - I've never walked out of a movie, but that was the closest.
    speaking of walking out of movies - the film I've seen with the most walkouts was Audition. Ya gotta love that torture scene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭*Simone*

Can't believe someone said they hated the Talented Mr Ripley - that's one of my fav films ever! :eek:

Also, anyone who hates Moulin Rouge has a heart of stone! :p If you don't get shivvers up your spine during that roxanne/tango number then you're clearly lacking some sort of emotion! :p

I hate ANYTHING with Jason Statham in it. Severly disliked Quantum of Solace. Aw and I saw this absolute stinker on TV a few weeks ago - had Gweneth Paltrow, Mike Myers and Christina Applegate in it. Something to do with airhostesses. Pure sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

While certainly not the worst film I've seen I have a deep disliking of Jurassic Park 3. After the first was a masterpiece and the 2nd (while a bit hammy in parts) kept the same sort of theme and style of the first, number 3 just tried to be a super 'popcorn movie' and shat on everything which had come before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Mr.Lizard wrote: »

So much so I've made a promise to myself that I will NEVER watch another Baz Luhrman movie for as long as I live and .... so far I have succeeded

Yep, pretty much ANYTHING by Baz Luhrman. I actually have a violently passionate hatred for that man's work....unsubtle, in-your-face, OTT camp movie making at its most brash and blunt. Like a Harvey Norman ad bred with Alan Carr and showered in glitter. My head and eyes hurt just thinking about it

Advertisement