Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave yourself a voicemail?

• 09-04-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

Strange request this I know, but does anyone know if its possible to leave yourself a voicemail from your own phone on Meteor?

Why? I'm wondering if it might be a simple way to track to-do's when things occur to me in the car... :)

c

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Easy.

Simply ring your number by putting a 5 after the 08x prefix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

put in your number with a 5 after it. Eg 085'5'12345678. That brings ya into your voicemail. Ring someone else and if they have not changed their password, you just change their greeting then change their password .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

If you just ring your own number with no 5 after your prefix it goes to voicemail and you can leave a voicemail like any other person or yourself! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Right, but can u leave yourself a voicemail from there? I understand you can check your voicemail etc by adding a 5, but thats just the same as though i dialed 171. I want to *leave* myself a voicemail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Right, but can u leave yourself a voicemail from there? I understand you can check your voicemail etc by adding a 5, but thats just the same as though i dialed 171. I want to *leave* myself a voicemail...
    You are confused my friend. It is not the same as calling 171. Ringing 171 takes you into your mailbox direct.

Calling your number with the 5 takes you to what general callers get when you have voicemail on. If you were to press # when your greeting plays it will ask for your password and then it is the same as 171.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

try just ring yourself. Its hardly gonna ring so i imagine it will go to voicemail

Ah lads - I wouldn't be asking without having tried calling myself :D

I can confirm that calling myself and calling myself with the 5 prefix both go directly to my own voicemail menu.

Anyone other suggestions?

Bond-007 wrote: »
    You are confused my friend. It is not the same as calling 171. Ringing 171 takes you into your mailbox direct.

Calling your number with the 5 takes you to what general callers get when you have voicemail on. If you were to press # when your greeting plays it will ask for your password and then it is the same as 171.

Just to clarify for anyone reading this in the future - this is what happens if you dial your own number with 5 prefix from *another* phone. Or occassionally from your own phone when you are abroad and 171 doesn't work...

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

I would have thought most phones would now have a voice memo feature as standard - would save you bothering with voicemail. unless you need to be able to access these memos from another phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Call from a different phone?

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Call from a different phone?

I'm in my car :D I seem to always remember things that need to be done or come up with great ideas for future projects while I am driving around. It just seemed to me that an ideal way of capturing the thought would be to leave myself a voicemail :)

There are loads of voice recorder apps available for my phone, but then i'm rummaging around my pocket for it, have to have it in my hand while driving etc.

I think the answer is going to be to call my home answering machine (I know a few people who do this already!). Same result but costs money:(

c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

it goes straight to your own mailbox because your phonenumber is displayed and the meteor system just automatically forwards u to your own voicemail. The way u can dial into your own answering machine without listening to voicemail is to dial #31#0855 and your number. The system doesn't know its you ringing yourself. Hope that helps.:)

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    it goes straight to your own mailbox because your phonenumber is displayed and the meteor system just automatically forwards u to your own voicemail. The way u can dial into your own answering machine without listening to voicemail is to dial #31#0855 and your number. The system doesn't know its you ringing yourself. Hope that helps.:)

Arrggggg - I thought you had it there! But it doesn't work, still goes straight to menu :( Tried blocking caller id completely as well, same deal. Most annoying!

c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ARG! Meteor must've changed it, it used work if your number was on Private! Sorry:o

Advertisement