Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever been burgled?

Options
  • 09-04-2009 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Just heard a few of my neighbours houses were burgled last night, so wondering have you every been burgled; ever confront bunglers; every been burgled and got your stuff back; garda caught them; found out who done it and went around to their house and kick the sh1te out of them? etc etc

Been Burgled 86 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    Yes but got my stuff back
    32% 28 votes
    Parents house was when i was a kid
    3% 3 votes
    No
    17% 15 votes
    I do the burgling round here, boss
    46% 40 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i was burgled yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Senna wrote: »
    Just heard a few of my neighbours houses were burgled last night, so wondering have you every been burgled; ever confront bunglers; every been burgled and got your stuff back; garda caught them; found out who done it and went around to their house and kick the sh1te out of them? etc etc

First of all IBTL secondly i was burgled once...

B1tch stole my virginity without asking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah, a couple of years ago. had to get a new kitchen window and they frightened the life out of my granny. she stood up to them and waved her walking stick in their face and they legged it, luckily. bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

does turd burgling count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Ya was robbed of my innocence. She fooled me once but never again i tell ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

yeah, a couple of years ago. had to get a new kitchen window and they frightened the life out of my granny. she stood up to them and waved her walking stick in their face and they legged it, luckily. bastards

Supergran

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes once, windows were stupidly left open, so some scummers must have been doing their rounds at 4:00am, slept like a baby when they were in.

Gardaí were up quick enough but of course nothing much can really be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i caught two little fools trying to rob my neighbours scooter a few years back. Chased them half way down the estate until one turned around and ran at me. Well I thought I killed him. With my running towards him and him running at me , I swung for him and connected perfectly. He was only getting up off the ground when the cops came along. Neighbour said he would not press charges cos scooter was ok and cops told him that if he did press charges I would probably end up in more trouble than the little scrote who tried to rob the scootay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Three weeks ago we were burgled - laptop, ds & digital camera stolen. 2.15 on a sunday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Got burgled three times in a year in the same house when I was a student about ten years ago. Second time I found a bread knife on my bed.

It would have been four times, but I was in the bathroom one night (window open) and heard a noise outside.Looked out and a guy was shinning up the drainpipe near the bathroom window (second floor). I dropped a toolbox on his head and he fell off. He ran off, so wasn't too badly hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Atwork

seanybiker wrote: »
    i caught two little fools trying to rob my neighbours scooter a few years back. Chased them half way down the estate until one turned around and ran at me. Well I thought I killed him. With my running towards him and him running at me , I swung for him and connected perfectly. He was only getting up off the ground when the cops came along. Neighbour said he would not press charges cos scooter was ok and cops told him that if he did press charges I would probably end up in more trouble than the little scrote who tried to rob the scootay.

what a strange little fcuked up and broke country we live in:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

When I lived with my folks we were robbed.About 15 years ago.

I bought a bungalow, so by law, all bets are off.

Come on in....you won't be leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Yes. He broke in, but still hasn't been able to break out yet.

Atwork wrote: »
    what a strange little fcuked up and broke country we live in:mad:
    I know yeah. Mental isnt it. Who the feck would want a scootay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Brian Dublin

Senna wrote: »
    have i ever been burgled ? well at first but you get to like it

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kavkid

Someone tried to, they kept setting off the Alarm so we'd turn it off. Didn't happen for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

our house was burgled when i was a kid.woke up to find my dads van gone, and the mammys handbag.slept right through it, was scared for a while after as things had been moved around in my room so they would have been right beside me as i slept.

for anyones whos superstitious bout things heres how it ended up.my dad drove to wexford to meet some medium/psychic whatever ya want to call him.he swung some sort of magnet over a map of ireland.magnet goes bonkers over bray.low and behold 2 weeks later the van is found in a bray council estate...(if only there was a button to press for creepy music)

df1985 wrote: »
    our house was burgled when i was a kid.woke up to find my dads van gone, and the mammys handbag.slept right through it, was scared for a while after as things had been moved around in my room so they would have been right beside me as i slept.

for anyones whos superstitious bout things heres how it ended up.my dad drove to wexford to meet some medium/psychic whatever ya want to call him.he swung some sort of magnet over a map of ireland.magnet goes bonkers over bray.low and behold 2 weeks later the van is found in a bray council estate...(if only there was a button to press for creepy music)
    Maybe the medium was the thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Maybe the medium was the thief.

A medium thief? I didn't see that coming.

I've never been burgled thank god. Long may it stay that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrtim23

yes... in second year of college.... my housemate in college loves to smoke weed so we went halves on buying seeds.... we grew two plants each in our wardrobe with a normal light bulb inside. bear in mind i dont smoke anything or drink but i was doing this as an experiment.... stupid i know.... his dad who is a garda came to visit so he put his two plants in my wardrobe. they were crap looking with nothing you could possibly smoke... so a few weeks went by and i went home to work... i got a phone call off my other two housemates (who are german) who said the house was broken into and what should i do. I said sure phone the garda! what else do you do!!! a few minutes later my housemate rings back and said they found the plants while searching the house to make sure everything is ok... Feck!!!!!!! I got a phonecall a few days later and had to make a statement.... they called to the house two days later but i was in college.... 3 years passed and no word.... Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

have i ever been burgled ? well at first but you get to like it

ddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrttttyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........

Thrill wrote: »
    A medium thief? I didn't see that coming.
    your not supposed to see them coming. Better than a big thief but not quiet as good as a small thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

I know yeah. Mental isnt it. Who the feck would want a scootay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5UgOGNhGCA

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

My house was burguled there over the summer the ***** came in while my parents, brother and myself were in the house. Me and my brother were up to about 6am watching the olympics so they musta hit the house around 7am because my dad and myself were up at ten. We didnt actually realise we were robbed till around half ten when my dad walked into the sitting room to me looking for his phone and then I went to look behind the chair to grab my laptop with no luck so we have a look around and realised we were robbed.

The wanker stole 3 laptops, a laptop bag(with my brothers passport in it!), my dads blackberry and itouch and about 100 quid I left in the kitchen!

All the stuff was replaced by the insurance company \o/ and I think they caught the guy because they called around christmas asking if we had any way of identifing the laptops no word since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Never been burglied thank god! Its such an awful thing to happen to anyone but in fairness laptops,cameras money etc should be all kept out of sight,burglars tend not to hang around its more WYSIWYG (what you see is what you grab) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Twice,first time happened to return home while they were breaking in, the ****ers got some of my mums stuff,sentimental stuff :mad:

Second time broken into they took a dvd player,nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Yep, but they didn't get much.
    They did however kick our dog to stop her from barking.:mad:
    She was a little Pomeranian, no bigger than my dad's work boots.
    But she sure made a hell of a noise.:D

She was alright after a few days and fcuked up their chances of getting anything from the house.

Her name was Tiny.
    Lolz at the little shits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

OPENROAD wrote: »
    the ****ers got some of my mums stuff,sentimental stuff :mad:

Thats hard going mate,I mean being sentimental you cant get that stuff back, memories and all......what a$$hole would take that,no worth to him!

What happening to this country.............:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Have you seen this burglar (whereabouts unknown since 2007)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Have you seen this burglar (whereabouts unknown since 2007)?

Yea i seen him...that is to say i saw him

according to my computer ageing system by know he should look...

12 years older

Advertisement