Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Techno Mix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Thats not techno mate thats sh!te!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Industrial cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Yeah that aint Techno as you or I know it. In some places Techno is just used as an overall genre for Dance music. I did a J1 summer in Boston back in the day and I worked with a girl who said she was big in to Techno. I said so was I and asked if she had ever heard any of Dave Clarke's mixes. She had'nt so I said I would bring her in a CD (World Service 1 Techno Mix). She handed it back to me the next night and was like "What the **** is that crap". She played me what she considered Techno and it was the worst Trance like crud ive ever heard. Went to a "Techno" club with her after and it was all glow sticks and twirly arm dancing. Terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

this is the real deal boys and girls. those lying ... Craig, Clarke, Cox and the rest of them names that begin with C ... they been lying they asses off to us for years. Tiesto is our man, he be the king of techno as we now know it.
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

old gregg wrote: »
    this is the real deal boys and girls. those lying ... Craig, Clarke, Cox and the rest of them names that begin with C ... they been lying they asses off to us for years. Tiesto is our man, he be the king of techno as we now know it.
    :p
    I really hope you mean that :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

In the US "Techno" is a generic term for electronic music - usualy ****e cause american's ont he whole have auful taste in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭markious

+1..

I thought it was hilarious when I came across it on uuutube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Here is some proper hard edged underground Techno and Trance for ya, a mix i knocked up last week ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/219923467/tekno.mp3.html

Tracklisting

Infinity -Game One
    Mandela - The Acid Of House
    Pulsation - Transpulsation
    Man With No Name - Lunar Cycle
    Tranceliner - The Dream (Dream Mix)
    Illusion - Dream On White
    Virus - Sun (Jam el Mar Mix)
    Vainqueur - Lyot (Maurizio Mix)
    Trope - Amphetamine (DJ Misjah & Groovehead Mix)
    Total Eclipse - Aliens
    Spicelab - Amorph
    Formic Acid - Waveblower
    Plastikman - Alphawave (Acid House Mix)
    Aurora Borealis - Raz (Carl Cox Mix)
    Mental Cube - Q (Original Mix)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Zascar wrote: »
    usualy ****e cause american's ont he whole have auful taste in music.

Chicago and New York house? Detroit Techno? No?

No? Richie Hawtin? Felix Da Housecat? No?

:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I adore Detroit Techno etc and they have some of the best producers around - what I meant that what the average Joe american refer's to as "Techno" - could be anything with a beat - and does not usually refer to what we consider good/real Techno.

I have a bunch of american friends who if you asked them "Do you like dance music?" - they'd go "Yeah, we love Techno!" - but they would not be into what I play - they would proabbly mean Tiesto or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

nah, they'd be thinkin more along the lines of 2 unlimited. techno techno techno techno! haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 -Axwell-

Some good new techno from last month innit?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/572958632a9bdd7a/

Matthew Dear - Elementary Lover (DJ Koze Mix)
    Okain – 717 (D’Julz remix)
    Mara Trax – Sambad (Between Two Flames Mix)
    Tom Clarke –Cookies
    Loco Dice – Pimp Jackson Is Talking Now (Luciano Mix)
    Ramon Tapia – Mi Esposa
    Luciano – Mousa Big Band
    Milton Jackson – Crash
    Sei A - Smile For Me
    Kreon – Clorpe
    Monty Luke – Paranoid
    Anton Piette – Players
    Butch - Amelie (Format- B Mix)
    Michel Cleis – La Mezcla
    Tiefschwarz – Best Inn
    Matt Starr – Kuhlo Fliege (Hugo Mix)
    Marc De Pulse – P.S You Rock (Spektre Mix)
    Dance Area – AA24/7 (Noob Mix )
    Justin Maxwell – The Windey Man
    Kolombo - Sniff

Advertisement