Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-social rescue

Options
  • 09-04-2009 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if any of you have any suggestions on how to go about socializing a dog aggressive male. I have him since early january and I've tried introducing him to other males but with no joy. He's fine with the ladies but he bites the men.

Would it be a bad idea to muzzle him and another male and just leave them out together?
    Let them at it and ware themselves out?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hoggibear

any dog training classes in your area? i dont think ''letting them at it'' would help very much, plus paws and claws could do damage even if you muzzle him, in my opinion some structured training with a person who has expierence in this type of behaviour would be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

hoggibear wrote: »
    any dog training classes in your area? i dont think ''letting them at it'' would help very much, plus paws and claws could do damage even if you muzzle him, in my opinion some structured training with a person who has expierence in this type of behaviour would be your best bet

I've no idea if there is training classes near me. I'll have a google later.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

Is he neutered?if not that could be why he is only aggresive with other males?

cos!! wrote: »
    Is he neutered?if not that could be why he is only aggresive with other males?

He is neutered. That was one of the first questions for the rescue center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

ShayK1 wrote: »
    He is neutered. That was one of the first questions for the rescue center.

Did you resolve the issues with your dog?

• Advertisement

not quite. He's a little better but still not good.

Advertisement