Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proper Night Clubs?!

Options
  • 09-04-2009 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

So after going out and having a disappointed evening in Gorbys/Freakscene or whatever it's called, I really want to find a proper nightclub that actually plays proper dance music with a beat. I also tried Fast Eddies and it was a bit better but that place was empty.

Does anyone know a club (over 18s) that actually plays proper dance music and not just chart hits/granny disco music/popular pop song?

EDIT: I forgot to say that the clubs should be Wednesday-Friday since those are the only days I'm able to go out.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There's none really. Maybe check out Mangans, but there are no Proper Nightclubs in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

College is on a month off too so many places will be empty at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

D-Generate wrote: »
    College is on a month off too so many places will be empty at the moment
    You forget about the returning masses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I know that havana browns is open 7 nights, not too sure what the music is like mid week though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Stay away from Mangans, awful place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

I'd say the Savoy..... its a place i never go..... but i think it does that kind of thing.... um which is why i never go. good luck on ur quest tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I dont think there is anywhere that plays proper dance music during the week!! I noticed that back in my college days and i dont think its any different now!

If you can ever get out on a saturday night though, HB2 upstairs in hevanas is good on a saturday night! As is fast eddies and iv heard some good things about the pavillion too on sat nights but i havent been in there in 5 years and it was a hole back then!

+ 1 on stay away from mangans... bad suggestion!

Maybe watch out for anything happening in the savoy on friday nights too! They sometimes have good djs the odd friday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

Severe lack of a good club in cork, I quite like the crane lane tho, nice feel to it with the different bars, get a wide selection of music n people there. Savage smoking area too, and im a non smoker but must of my friends do so I find myself there most times in a night. I know your looking for mid week but should you find a weekend off, Kickback in the Everyman Palace is always good I find.

When the new Bodega opens up it'll be a brilliant spot, biggest smoking room in Ireland, suspended see thru dj box, promises to be unreal. Will be a proper nightclub, will really raise the bar for everywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kurosaki_

Thanks for the tips guys, unfortunately Crane Lane and Havana Browns are over 21s so I can't get in there for another year. I'll check out Savoy if I can find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Savoy is gone I do believe. I think UCC DJ Society have a weekly session in the Liquid Lounge on Marlborough St (just off Oliver Plunkett St.) on Tuesdays. Unfortunately it may be over for the year as the college year is pretty much over. It was decent enough and the place was cheap for drinks, they even sold cans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

There's techno/house/electro at Electric Underground. It's on in the Liquid Lounge on Friday nights.

And there's Go Deep in the Pavillion upstairs on Saturday nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Liquid Lounge is savage, very decent music. And cheap booze and hotdogs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Misticalz2003

ya its gotta be liquid lounge for the tunes!! dance away and go bit mad and no one bothers ya lol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Pav is the only club in town playing proper music. Its not the Pav of old anymore - there is a good door policy, no peasants and over 23s for the most part.

Advertisement