Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Braini in parking layout around the former Shiels site and Mc Donalds

• 09-04-2009 7:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

The new parking arrangements around the former Shiels complex are a total disaster. It will only be a matter of time before there will be an accident if not already. You have to drive in circles to get to both the Mc Donald's carpark and parking opposite the new supermarket.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 saloon

Agree that it's going to be a disaster. It already is. Is there going to be a drive-in?
    If you come into the complex from the roundabout side it's going to be a very very tight turn into McD's entrance. Especially if people continue to park outside the bookies.
    And if you come from the Gort Rd side, it's always tight driving past the cars parked outside Centra, butcher and pharmacy. Unless they patrol it and stop people stopping, I can't see it working.

BTW when you say 'no brainer' it means something blindingly obvious that you should do. Eg it's a no brainer that should tear down the current car park structure and lay it out better. The way you said it in yr op means you think the situation is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Edited :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭happytime

definitly one of the worst and craziest parking layouts i have ever seen. Somebody will get hurt here....especially once McCholesterol's opens up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

It's already open!! I passed it yesterday eve and it was choc a block with kids; Mc Donalds couldn't not open on school hols!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

had my dinner in mcd's today! Brought the kids and went through the drive thru, what a nightmare!!!! The parking is crazy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

The new parking arrangements around the former Shiels complex are a total disaster. It will only be a matter of time before there will be an accident if not already. You have to drive in circles to get to both the Mc Donald's carpark and parking opposite the new supermarket.

There's an underground car park under the adjoining complex which houses Keane's and Centra etc., and it also stretches back under the as yet unfinished building behind that complex. You reach it by driving around past Centra. The carpark seemed almost ready last week. There's a stairs up to McDs and other shops. Went last night through the drivethu about 10.30 p.m., & it took about 4 minutes from start to finish.

Now if McD's only ran hospitals!

Teadrinker wrote: »
    There's an underground car park under the adjoining complex which houses Keane's and Centra etc., and it also stretches back under the as yet unfinished building behind that complex. You reach it by driving around past Centra. The carpark seemed almost ready last week. There's a stairs up to McDs and other shops. Went last night through the drivethu about 10.30 p.m., & it took about 4 minutes from start to finish. Now if McD's only ran hospitals!
    It will only be the locals and long term parkers that will use that facility. Anyone passing who sees the Mc Donald's sign will go straight for the nearest car park, To have a car park that one has to reverse into / out of and walk across the drive through lane is absurd. I stuck my head in there for a meal at lunch time the day it opened, it was packed and half the town seemed to be working there. The only other chaotic bottleneck parking iis the one at Mc Donalds in Roscrea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I called there yesterday evening, there seemed to be more staff outside dealing with traffic that there was inside, I was expecting chaos when I got there, but you go in, drive around the back and then out again, I think they are just trying to make it more difficult than it has to be, that and the fact that people can't drive doesn't help I guess

Clareman wrote: »
    I called there yesterday evening, there seemed to be more staff outside dealing with traffic that there was inside, I was expecting chaos when I got there, but you go in, drive around the back and then out again, I think they are just trying to make it more difficult than it has to be, that and the fact that people can't drive doesn't help I guess
    It is a very drivable Mc Donald's, its too far out of town for walking, those living in near by estates would walk. I can also see patients at the General getting their regular feed of Micky D's. There is also an opening for a delivery service.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Do McDonalds deliver? I never knew that, just as well really :) McDonalds aren't like other take aways, they don't care about the drink crowd, they want the families and the passing driving trade

• Advertisement
Advertisement