Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainmacs/oilskins Galway area

Options
  • 09-04-2009 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i could get good quality rainmacs/oilskins around galway city area. after the budget if they were not over priced would be nice too!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Caulfield Industrial, showrooms on the Tuam Road galway city (across from Monaghans garage) and Oranmore Business park, Oranmore (behind Cisco building). Linky for jackets, wet gear below....

http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/files/searchresults.asp?Chapter=C23&ProductGroup=Jackets

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

thanks for that, considering the weather i'm looking at i might need one sooner than i thought!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Duffys on Maingaurd Street do a selection, as do the Army and Navy Store on Shop Street and Safety Direct on the Tuam Road. Number 10 on Quay Street sell plastic macs. Aldi in Westside still have a few one piece waterproof suits (baby-grows!) from their motorcycle special a few weeks ago.

Duffys do a 2 piece bouyancy suit called the "SAS MkV", which is warm, comfortable, and waterproof. They were about €129 when I got one of them a couple of years ago, and they really are excellent for weather like we have today, as well as snow and ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

For what it's worth, oil skins do block the outside moisture ie. rain, but do not let your moisture ie. sweat escape, meaning you'll get damn sweaty in them if you do any sort of exercise (walking / cycling) - they're only good if you're standing still.

If you plan on exercising, spend a few quid and buy good quality 'breathable' gear, money well spent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

JohnCleary wrote: »
    For what it's worth, oil skins do block the outside moisture ie. rain, but do not let your moisture ie. sweat escape, meaning you'll get damn sweaty in them if you do any sort of exercise (walking / cycling) - they're only good if you're standing still.

If you plan on exercising, spend a few quid and buy good quality 'breathable' gear, money well spent

+ 1

wouldn't cycle without my goretex jacket on in this country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement