Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista connectivity probs

• 09-04-2009 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope someone can shed some light on this........

I have two identical dell laptops with one running on XP and the other on vista. Both connected to same home broadband wireless network.

XP never any problems.

vista always problems with broadband.

(Went through it all with with the Indian Dell tech support last year to try to resolve, uninstall-reinstall etc)

is it ;

Vista is not compatible with eircom broadband ?

Vista is not compatible with certain gaming sites ?

Vista is really no good ?

can anybody suggest any troubleshoot methods ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

im not very fond of Vista's networking ability but ive never really had much problems getting online with it.
    (print sharing and the like got the better of me)

what errors do you get ? (might help :)) does it always happen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

no error reports show.

(just the normal check your router)

Just the inability to connect to the internet.

when I do get connected, it loses connection after a few mins then comes back etc.

It won't stay connected continuously for at least 10 minutes !:mad:

I have 2 x Dell Inspiron 9400 and never any probs with the XP one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Are you connected over the wireless or the wired ?
    If it is wireless you could (if easy to) connect the PC directly to the hub which will find out whether its the vista program or the wireless.

I would expect its the wireless... are you far from the router ? many walls, any other electric equipment that might interfere with the signal.
    Whats your wireless adapter like on your PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

eoin-dubh wrote: »
    no error reports show.

(just the normal check your router)

Just the inability to connect to the internet.

when I do get connected, it loses connection after a few mins then comes back etc.

It won't stay connected continuously for at least 10 minutes !:mad:

I have 2 x Dell Inspiron 9400 and never any probs with the XP one !
    If this's a Dell, then it's most likely the Dell Intel Wireless drivers. Go to the Intel site and download the Intel version of the drivers and replace the Dell one's. I did this on my roommates XPS M1310 and there was never a problem since.

thanks for advice.

will report findings later.:)

• Advertisement

:)TE=cpu-dude;59755635]If this's a Dell, then it's most likely the Dell Intel Wireless drivers. Go to the Intel site and download the Intel version of the drivers and replace the Dell one's. I did this on my roommates XPS M1310 and there was never a problem since.[/QUOTE]

thanks for advice :).........big improvement

and now able to download 'The big fish games' onto windows vista !

Advertisement