Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Log Briquette Maker

Options
  • 09-04-2009 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Anybody know where I can buy one in Limerick, please?

Apparently using waste newspaper and water, you can make "briquettes" that burn for up to an hour.

You soak the paper in water for a day or two (no more as bacteria develop) then compress them in the briquette maker, then leave them to dry for a few days in a warm place.

Trying to save some money so I can bail out some more banks ;)

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spongebob101

Hi,

I saw them in B & Q recently. I think they were around €15 - €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭JackieRyan

Hi
    I think they have them in argos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Hi,

I bought one years back (got it on the net from the UK).

To be honest, I wouldn't bother with it. You need a hell of a lot of paper to make a decent-sized block and you need to be the Hulk to squeeze the water from the wet blocks - I ended up standing on it to get rid of the water!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

They are in the co-op. about 6 euro 50 per bail. they would stay lit for a full day per pack. It might not be the exact one's but these are made from I think a small bit of wood, paper, and a small bit of turf. really good stuff though and cheap. I used them for weeks during december.

Sorry just realised your looking for the maker. its 5 in the mornin and my mind is playin tricks on me.

Advertisement