Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking to buy projector & home cinema kit for attic

• 09-04-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of buying a hd projector and home cinema kit(blu ray/dvd , surround sound) for my attic. I am looking for advice for what would be the best buys for these? I am willing to spend around 2K.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

This thread on projectors might be of interest if you have not already reviewed.

Do you already have ideas on what you are looking at ? You will need to most likely do some homework first, and come back with a shortlist for input.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rebal

Thanks for the reply Eddiem74,

I read that thread and I would probably be looking at something like your Panasonic AX200 or newer model if now released.

I'd want something that'd be 1080 and maybe get it hooked up to a blu ray and some sort of AV and surround sound (or maybe virtual sound bar?)

I have a really old projector (Sharp AX-100) and and old Sony DAV system but really want to upgrade both as sound and pic quality not great.
    I don't need a screen as I've painted the wall with Matt finish and works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

The AX200 is only a 720p projector, I think a 1080p PJ would consume most of your budget, and leave little for what else you want. Maybe I'm wrong though as I have not been looking around to much lately at pricing.

Advertisement