Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of Luck to all at The Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Sick game! Card dead all day but managed to stay around the 13,000 mark. 15 mins from end of day and run my ****ing fav hand JJ into AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

5starpool wrote: »
    What I heard of the live music was rubbish tbh. An all white Irish gospel choir complete with swaying, and a too loud jazz band, and I hate jazz anyhow.

Bah.

Yeah totally agree with this.

We were drinking in the bar by the poker room and had to leave as the jazz band were just too loud. Sure it was something different but it was just a too loud.

Gl to anyone still in this and from my personal point of view was nice to meet some of the boardsies, like nicnicnic, flipper, BCB, pokerplaya and P_L.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Jazz? Come on people, most of that was funk! :) Definitely was loud, there were 13 in the band though, we mostly had very positive feedback. Tomorrow will not be so loud

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Sick game! Card dead all day but managed to stay around the 13,000 mark. 15 mins from end of day and run my ****ing fav hand JJ into AA.

Unlucky Kev - Any word on Tom Kitt?
    5starpool wrote: »
    What I heard of the live music was rubbish tbh. An all white Irish gospel choir complete with swaying, and a too loud jazz band, and I hate jazz anyhow.

Bah.
    p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Yeah totally agree with this.

We were drinking in the bar by the poker room and had to leave as the jazz band were just too loud. Sure it was something different but it was just a too loud.

Don't know how anybody could not like the Dublin Gospel Choir :eek: Would never have classed them as a jazz band :confused:

GL to all the boardsies who made day 2, hope one of ye take it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

newbie 2 still in. v short stacked tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

I am going for a hot bubble bath. I am teh gay. Literally. Zap it and so on and so forth. Still have % of two horses so am fairly sure I am going to win 30k. Looking forward to it to be fair. Anywho later.

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Unlucky Kev - Any word on Tom Kitt?

Don't know how anybody could not like the Dublin Gospel Choir :eek: Would never have classed them as a jazz band :confused:

GL to all the boardsies who made day 2, hope one of ye take it down!

The gospel choir played before the IO began

There was a 'jazz' band playing late on in the bar, i liked some of the songs - for example they played like the family guy theme tune which was quality but i just felt that it wasnt maybe the right type of event for them to play at. Idk, just my interpretation of it.

Sikes ftw imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Ugh QQ no good VS AQo AIPF... Specially when ur man funks for the 4th spade on the river to flush my IO dreams away...

Sick value in this today. Sick just so so sick. GL to all left in except for ur man who funked the spade of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Taxi booked for me for 2.15pm tomorrow. Hawkeye was at my table for a while - donkey :rolleyes:. Redraw tomorrow for seats. Hope I get tthe TV table with my 6 BB's

GL to all other left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Anyone have a chip count for TommyGunne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Just to let ye know, boardie (Lplate) Matt Dobbins still in at end of play with 42k. Said he had very nice table all day.

Good luck to all boardies left in.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Starting tomorrow on 19,975.

Sick starting table with Phil Baker, Bomber Nolan, Tim Blake, Michael Greco, Liam Flood, Jamie Gold and a couple of scandies. Was shortstacking most of the day till i got riggidly moved from that table...

We were 10 handed and were going to be the next TV table. About 20 mins from the move, they tried to move me (was around 5k mark) but i had just paid my BB. They obv didnt move Jamie Gold. Instead they hung around till i was next BB again and then they decided to move me....No coincidence there whatsoever as they needed to get the table 8 handed.

Moving table was a Godsend. Managed to turn a straight flush against a set of 7s to double up...86dd on a Kx7d4d, 5d on turn.

Picked up a few pots after that and played pretty good. Had 4 table changes in the last 35 mins which sucked pretty bad but what can you do!

Roll on tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Flushdraw wrote: »

Sick starting table with Phil Baker, Bomber Nolan, Tim Blake, Michael Greco, Liam Flood, Jamie Gold and a couple of scandies. Was shortstacking most of the day till i got riggidly moved from that table...

We were 10 handed and were going to be the next TV table. About 20 mins from the move, they tried to move me (was around 5k mark) but i had just paid my BB. They obv didnt move Jamie Gold. Instead they hung around till i was next BB again and then they decided to move me....No coincidence there whatsoever as they needed to get the table 8 handed.

Moving table was a Godsend. Managed to turn a straight flush against a set of 7s to double up...86dd on a Kx7d4d, 5d on turn.

Picked up a few pots after that and played pretty good. Had 4 table changes in the last 35 mins which sucked pretty bad but what can you do!

Best of luck tomorrow Tony,tell me what did you make of Jamie Golds play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Best of luck tomorrow Tony,tell me what did you make of Jamie Golds play?

Pretty meh tbh..

As soon as he sat down he raised 2 hands...2nd one he got 3bet and he showed 92.

Played a hand against Liam Flood. Liam raised to 1300 and Gold said "Not gonna mess around" and he pushed for 10kish. Liam called with AK and Golds QQ held up. 3players called allins with AK over 45 mins or so and he seems amazed the way AK is played over here.

He didnt speech play much coz he only got moved to the table about 90 mins before i got moved

Gold was playing in the cash games on Thurs night, it was a round of each (25-50 NLHE and 10-20 PLO) and he played like a complete nit.

He was so much looser in the lower NLHE games he was playing earlier Thurs. Seemed like a decent guy though tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

GL Tony. Hope tommorrow rocks for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

newbie2 wrote: »
    Hawkeye was at my table for a while - donkey :rolleyes:.

QFT...Where were you seated? Please be specific, I was thrown around like a frisbee today think my tables broke like 5 times. Finished the day with 27k, made a bad semi-bluff on the turn on the very last hand, well I guess it was bad because I didnt get there, either way it cost me 9k in chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Anyone have a chip count for TommyGunne?

Finished up with 36500. Table was horrible for the last two hours. Everyone seemed decent enough at the table with it being tough enough to get anything through. Been pretty card dead all day, just picking off a few spots. Hoping for a better table draw tomorrow! Need sleep badly though. Feel like a zombie.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

GL to my horsies TommyGunne and Mickste, and then to everyone else I know after that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

21,800 going into day 2. :) feels like 100k considering i had 6k at the 1st break and 4k at the 2nd break. pure slog! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

31875 for me at the end. Also felt like more given I lost 40% of stack in first hand I played and was down to 4K at one point. Helped greatly by a number of charitable donations, one from a mad Scandi who apparenly called down my flopped house on all streets because "last time you flop monster, you bet flop but check turn". I love the way these guys assume because you're not under the age of 22 you must be incapable of mixing up your play and using different lines.

The other big hand mentioned on the Paddy Power blog was probably the biggest rollercoaster of my poker life. From clapping myself on the back for having induced the 4 bet ship move with my scared big bet size and shaky old man hands and wobbly voice with J7o against my AA to the uh oh there's a 7 on the flop through the oh sick another 7 on the turn before the justice card case ace on the river.

I know Albert Kenny is still in with about the same as me. Good luck to all still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Nice one GL to Tony, Dara, Mick and everyone left in. Run Hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

35k at the end of the day. roll on tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

gl to both micks and doke, and TG of course.

hope one of you goes deep at least!

as for me, home to sleep after a night shift. sigh ~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Best of luck Mick and Tony. Hopefully FT for the pair of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Best of luck today everyone

KevIRL wrote: »
    Best of luck today everyone

+1

Gl all.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fowlerDgrowler

just wondering is nicky power playing this cant see his name anywhere on this thread or on the ppp blog

Is there any kind of blog on boards like last year or I am just fúcking blind? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Unlucky man.
    Jayminator wrote: »
    Ugh QQ no good VS AQo AIPF... Specially when ur man funks for the 4th spade on the river to flush my IO dreams away...

Sick value in this today. Sick just so so sick. GL to all left in except for ur man who funked the spade of course

Pretty sick Jay.

Best of luck today Tony.

Somebody asked about Tom Kitt, he is shortstacked with 12k but is still in with a shot, have seem him fly right back up from stuff like that.

Best of luck to everybody who is playing today.

Advertisement