Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lake Constance.

• 09-04-2009 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi stapler copyed this from another thread
    "We travelled France & Southern Germany for 3 weeks in 2008, Mid July to early August.
    Two adults & two kids on Irish Ferries (€1100)
    Accomidation: averaged €30 per night, Good quality sites with good facilities. Sites like Freiburg (Southernn Germany) was €37/night but included free public transport. Paris sites around €35/night. Minich sites were €25/night, quiet basic with a vending machine and basic facilities. One/two nights we ended up in an aire de services where we had enough driving for the day.
    Diesel: Obviously prices have dropped since last year but total cost was around €450 for a 2300km round trip. Met a few along the way who recommended stopping in Luximburg for cheap Diesel but we didn't feel it was worth it. In France the supermarkets seem to have the cheaper diesel.
    Food: Cost around €800 which was a mix of eating out and cooking our own BBQs.
    Tours/Sightseeing: Trips like the a Paris boat trip, BMW museum & Deuches Museum averaged €30 per trip. Boat hire on Lake Constance worked out at around €25/hour.
    Tolls: Are quiet expensive in France, none in Germany. Total spent on tools was around €160. If we were travelling Germany only I'd consider travelling UK to Belgium and skip all tolls.
    Over the years we've seen quiet a bit of Europe and I'm sure it is possible to do it on a budget. Frence Aires cost nothing but lack facilities and there's always a risk. Municipal sites average around €10/night, have basic facilities but are central with quiet a bit to do in the localities. There's an organisation called FrancePassion which offers free accomidation on farms etc but tend to be in remote locations.
    Ferry savings can be made by travelling via the UK and is almost as quick as the Roslare/Cherburg ferry route. Personally I like the idea of getting on the boat in Roslare knowing we can have a few pints and the holidays have begun. "

Doing very much the same trip this july/ august can you give me the names off were you stayed in Friburg and around lake constance any info would be most wecome.
    I agree "getting on the boat in Roslare knowing we can have a few pints and the holidays have begun. ":) Your trip sounded great love to read more.
    Thanks.

Advertisement