Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts backdated one hour when you view them whilst signed out.

Options
  • 09-04-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I haven't checked to see if this was brought to your attention already but i just noticed this morning that when you view a forum and it's posts whilst your not signed in then all the posts are back-dated one hour. i.e, a post i made at 11.00am shows up that i made it at 10.00am when i am not signed in.

Was just wondering was this a bug after the clocks changed a few weeks back? Anyway just thought i'd let you know :)

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Indeed.
    All times are GMT
    Set the server time to GMT+1

Kthxbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Yup that's the problem, not really a big problem but thought you guys would like to know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

stick-dan wrote: »
    Yup that's the problem, not really a big problem but thought you guys would like to know.

Its not a bug.. You know how to set the timezone seamus said tho ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well it is a bug because the site itself is in the GMT + 1 timezone, but the site settings are telling it to display all times in GMT. I'm pretty sure there's a big drop-down in the admin CP for it.

I also imagine you don't need to mess with the server as vBulletin probably stores all post times in UTC and then alters the display time to coincide with the settings in the user's account (or in this case the default global settings). So my initial recommendation is wrong. It's the best way of doing it, even if it is a little messy for some applications.

Sully wrote: »
    Its not a bug.. You know how to set the timezone seamus said tho ya?

you shouldn't have to as the site should be timezone compliant regardless of whether the user logs in or not.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

you shouldn't have to as the site should be timezone compliant regardless of whether the user logs in or not.
    *ticks "enable DST for guests" box*

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

CuLT wrote: »

Thanks!

I'm telling Ross you were ticking boxes! :D

CuLT wrote: »

Thanks!

no problem thank you :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

no problem thank you :D

Told you it was a bug. :P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement