Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports Photography

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I think a few interested people should get involved in some sort of debate about this, maybe not in public!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    How about : Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net

Now that sounds good. DOH! :D

sportsnap
    sportpicts
    WPASFM (Will Photograph Any Sport For Money)

I think a few interested people should get involved in some sort of debate about this, maybe not in public!

Totally agree.

Either by PMs or else direct emails between the concerned parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Agreed, also it will involve a lot of commitment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

kensutz wrote: »
    Agreed, also it will involve a lot of commitment too.

I'm up for it. Don't mind working hard on things that interest me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I'm up for this too. I have plenty of spare time to work on this when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

How about wsyk...

We shoot your kids.

Would love to get involved if I had the tools and/or the money to buy them! I probably need to start shooting in RAW too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

one2one wrote: »
    Are beginners allowed? I am really new to Sports photography but would love to learn!

As the following photos prove, the first thing to do is get a fast lens. I brought my trusty Pentax MZ 50 to an indoor soccer match and did not use flash as I did not want to disturb the players.

http://pix.ie/anouilh/album/340557

Fortunately the film was Portra VC, so I managed to get some sense of colour, but the low light proved too much of a challenge.

Steep learning curve...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ConorD87

Have to say it is a very good idea that has been put forward here and I would say that there are lots of people here that have the skills needed (not just photography !) to make it happen. I know I am only new to boards but if any help is needed just throw me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Paulw wrote: »
    Now that sounds good. DOH! :D

sportsnap
    sportpicts
    WPASFM (Will Photograph Any Sport For Money)

GREAT NAME PAUL :):)

WPASFM.com lol

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

How about wsyk...

We shoot your kids.

Would love to get involved if I had the tools and/or the money to buy them! I probably need to start shooting in RAW too...

Dont mind me.......but how about "We Shoot People"?

Dont mind me.......but how about "We Shoot People"?

I'd prefer something less ambiguous, and more sport aligned. Wouldn't want to be found in the wrong search catagory online.

SPAI - Sports Photography Agency of Ireland :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

As a take off of yours Paul how about SPI "sports photography Ireland"

Borderfox wrote: »

SPI exists in different forms - spi.com and spi.ie (not related at all).

The hard part is finding a company name and domain name that could work together.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Borderfox wrote: »

what about irishphoto lol (its for sale lol):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭opti76

cashcow.ie

maybe...

opti76 wrote: »
    cashcow.ie

maybe...

I wish. It's more likely that any decent profits would take a good while. Damn economy and recession. :mad:

I've put together a little mailing list, for those seriously interested. So, PM me your email address if you want to join the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Guys -

I really shouldn't post this here but I'm kinda in the final stages of having this local sports agency thing running (need more work on the website development side - which could take 4-6weeks) ....I have contacted several web development companies in Ireland and they have given quotes of €3,000 - €5,000....online quotes are €2,000 - €4,000.

I have the concept/website/legal aspect all worked out (I have been working on this and several other ideas which I was hoping to link together for the last 2-3 years)

if people can be patient (or if they want to help) I will get a website up and running together with a national launch which will involve at least two newspapers doing a feature.

So in short - if people want to get involved/help me in getting it running faster drop me a PM - or know people in the web development side that could do this fast then let them know I'm looking.

Sending those that I know interested an Email.

Advertisement