Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PvP Population

Options
  • 09-04-2009 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Have been playing wow for the past month so still pretty new to it and have a character on a Pve realm that was recommended. Have just created a PvP char but am disappointed with the number of people on the server compared to the amount on the Pve server.

On outland at the mo and there does'nt seem to be alot of people on this server compared to the Pve one I just came from (Saurfang). Does anyone know what PvP server has a large amount of players. Tried switching to one of the ones recommended by blizzard but even then I'm lucky if I run into one or two people an hour :(

By their nature to PvP realms always have less players than Pve? Maybe they're all located in the cities or hiding behind trees :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Wow, you couldnt be more wrong about Outland - Its one of the most populated realms in europe.

Its simply that your looking at everything the wrong way round. IIRC Saurfang is relatively new server? That means that there is a large proportion of people levelling so you are more likely to see people out on your travels. On outland, 99.99999999999% of the population is lvl 80 and everyone that is levelling is an alt of someones main 80 character.

Thats not to say noone ever levels on outland, everyone does and its actually more populated in levelling zones than a lot of other realms ive tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

There is PvP in WOW?

Where????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Outland is a heavily populated server.

I'm playing wow for nearly 5 years, and probably the first year there was severe population in the lower end areas.

But now, especially on outland like Dustaz says, most people are in northrend. Or you have a Death Knight fest in outlands levelling.

If you are stuck on something, or want to do some instances, I'd be happy to help in fairness. Currently levelling a NE Druid with my mates Dranei Warrior, level 20. Just we would outlevel you super fast due to our triple xp.

Just focus on hitting 60 asap and you will start to see alot more people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

Thanks for the replies guys, I figured it probably had something to do with everyone being high lvl so not located in starter areas. I'll probably stick with this server so and I'll be on my lonesome for a little while which is probably not a bad thing as at least I won't be attacked ;)

Doc thanks for the offer but I'm playing horde (Blood Elf Warlock) this time around as my other char was alliance. If you spot me on your travels (vayueridian) give me a shout, I'll be pretty easy to spot as I'll be the one who does'nt have a clue what I'm doing :). By the way how did you manage to get triple xp as that would come in pretty handy right about now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

add my main to your friends

Trimble

if you need anything ill give you

ive a load of bags in my bank and i can give you some gold

welcome to outland . dont buy stuff in the ah gear wise while leveling and stick to quests till 60

when you hit 55 or so ill solo you through strat / scholo

the only pvp below 80 is ganking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks for the replies guys, I figured it probably had something to do with everyone being high lvl so not located in starter areas. I'll probably stick with this server so and I'll be on my lonesome for a little while which is probably not a bad thing as at least I won't be attacked ;)

Doc thanks for the offer but I'm playing horde (Blood Elf Warlock) this time around as my other char was alliance. If you spot me on your travels (vayueridian) give me a shout, I'll be pretty easy to spot as I'll be the one who does'nt have a clue what I'm doing :). By the way how did you manage to get triple xp as that would come in pretty handy right about now :D

Recruit a friend, i have a thread here that i update from time to time with the time frame its taking to level. Its great fun, put the fgun back into wow for me, levelling was usually stress, enjoying it with a friend.

Most of the time ill have about 6 talent points to spend and not even notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

elexes wrote: »
    add my main to your friends

Trimble

if you need anything ill give you

ive a load of bags in my bank and i can give you some gold

welcome to outland . dont buy stuff in the ah gear wise while leveling and stick to quests till 60

when you hit 55 or so ill solo you through strat / scholo

the only pvp below 80 is ganking

Hi elexes,

Appreciate the help but I would prefer not to take anything from other players that I hav'ent earned as I see alot of that on Saurfang, players asking for money or items and doing nothing in return. I'll add you to friends though and when I hit 55 I'll give you a shout, should take me a couple of weeks "hopefully" ;).

It's nice to know that at least there are a few Irish on this server as I've yet to run into one on Saurfang.

Go the Celts :D

Advertisement