Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold from crafting

Options
  • 09-04-2009 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

deathchill cloak from tailors! Break down of mats cost-
    50 frostweave - go farm it and save a few g but u shud already have it)
    6 eternal fire - costs 15g a pop on my server-90g total
    4 eternal shadow - 7 to 8g on my server - bout 30g total
    Siren's tear - can cost up to 250g but ppl remember the place in borean tundra you did the murloc quests for the winterfin? Farm 100 clams nd buy gem!
    Frozen orb - emblems.
    Dust for cloth- 30g
    Mats cost in total - 150g
    Have seen it for sale on my realm for 1300g!! Yw ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

im trying to get the last bit of the quest done for this.

but ive 30-40 quests to do in icecrown now.

its annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

magicianz wrote: »
    deathchill cloak from tailors! Break down of mats cost-
    50 frostweave - go farm it and save a few g but u shud already have it)
    6 eternal fire - costs 15g a pop on my server-90g total
    4 eternal shadow - 7 to 8g on my server - bout 30g total
    Siren's tear - can cost up to 250g but ppl remember the place in borean tundra you did the murloc quests for the winterfin? Farm 100 clams nd buy gem!
    Frozen orb - emblems.
    Dust for cloth- 30g
    Mats cost in total - 150g
    Have seen it for sale on my realm for 1300g!! Yw ;-)
    It's not really that great. You have to factor in that you could have sold all of that frostweave, plus you likely would have saved time by just doing dailies and buying the gem instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Blowfish wrote: »
    It's not really that great. You have to factor in that you could have sold all of that frostweave, plus you likely would have saved time by just doing dailies and buying the gem instead.

Well can you get upwards of 1000g from dailies in less than an hour? :-) and then you can do the dailies aswell. And you can buy the gem but its saving you potentially hundreds of gold and it doesnt take long to farm the clams anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

magicianz wrote: »
    Well can you get upwards of 1000g from dailies in less than an hour? :-) and then you can do the dailies aswell. And you can buy the gem but its saving you potentially hundreds of gold and it doesnt take long to farm the clams anyway
    The point is that it's not 1000g, despite what you think. When you are looking at profit, the gem cost you at minimum 250g whether you farmed it or not. Either you spent 250g on it, or you spent time (which is also worth money) farming it and lost 250g by not selling it. The same goes for the orbs and frostweave.

Think of it this way. Person A and person B both do exactly what you said, except person B makes the cloak, while person A just sells the mats instead. Yes, person B will likely make a profit, but it will be nowhere near 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Not to mention the fact that high end recipes are meant to be the big pay-off for the grinding and perseverance put in, to getting that far in the first place...

• Advertisement
Advertisement