Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is wet weather clothing essential?

Options
  • 09-04-2009 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

What do most people wear on a skirmish when the weather is wet like it is today? Myself and a couple of mates plan to head along to Kill-Box Alpha on Monday and being novices we have no experience of what bring along.

Are full waterproofs essential? I suspect ordinary combats would be fairly useless after a while when wet and heavy. What do you recommend?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

if you get wet weather stuff, be sure its breathable, theres nothing worse that running around in what can only be classed as a plastic bag. you still end up soaking and the only difference is, your soaked in sweat instead of rain. i got a great set of french gortex from protac for about 70ish. cant reccomend it enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gaiscioch (^.^)

i go to fingal all the time, i just use my multicam uniform with BOOTS!! and thats it, sometimes you get wet and muddy, it dont bother me, a small few use rain gair but to be sweatting like crazy. just have a change of clohes for on the way home and its all good!!

i should be there monday i hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

and just to put your mind at ease, sunday and mondays forecast looks good, no rain

also dont let rain put you of airsofting have had some of the best games ever in rain, does be so much fun and makes you stop and look alot more... also makes you hear things that are not there!! haha

the worset thing is.. you get wet? bring a towel and clothes. ill find out if im going moday tonight, and if you need any help/tips/hints just send us a PM and would be more then happy to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

That french gortex sounds ideal and at 70 Euro it seems like excellent value. Is camoflage gear a must starting off?

Edit: thanks for the replies lads and you are spot on, there is no point in worrying about the rain in this country.

Jocks and socks it is so :)

• Advertisement

eh not a must id just bring darkish stuff to start off with(to see if you like airsofting) the thing i find is a must is BOOTS. you will see there are loads of lads that dont wear camo. it does help to hide with at fingal, gives you an advantage but as i said you dont have to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Thermal underwear is a must for wet weather, as even soaking wet you will be somewhat comfy. And boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

as the lads said, make sure airsoftin is for you before you buy all the gear..once you are sure that its somethin you'll keep doin then you can start to pick up gear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Thanks lads, that's excellent. While getting wet wouldn't be the worst thing in the world its good to know what to expect not having done it before. I'll pass on the good advice.

Looking forward to meeting some of you come Monday. I've a funny feeling you won't be seeing the last of us...

Advertisement