Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing door opening direction ?

Options
  • 09-04-2009 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I've been trying to get a door changed to open in the opposite direction all week, I have rang 2 people from the golden pages both said would do it but they never showed up or called to let me know what the story was, I was thinking maybe the job aint that big so not worth their while.

But anyway, the door opens into a bathroom at moment and I want it to open out into the hall that joins the bathroom. I'd give anything a try DIY wise but carpentry aint my strong point. I'm stuck on what to do with the stop in the door the bit that makes the door stay when its closed, how do I reverse it ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

the quick way to change the direaction would be to take the frame out and turn it around, but for the likes of bathrooms and toilets the door is supposed to open in, its incase if someone is using the toilet there not on view if someone opens the door by mistake! i.e they have time to shout at the person coming in to get out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I have my bathroom door opening out to the hallway, small bathroom so it creates an illusion of space:-).
    You have to take off the door frame and have it reversed. Go to Tradesmen.ie, type out the form, it'll ask you for details of the job, and then they get local tradesmen to phone you with a price. I used them to find someone to hang all my doors, some good local quotes came in. HTH.

Advertisement