Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pylon in our Estate

Options
  • 09-04-2009 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all

Hoping someone can help me out with some advice on how to deal with this. I purchased my house 3 yrs ago, there is a small ESB pylon opposite the house but the estate agent assured me that it was due to be moved on as there was another estate planned for the field next door. Three years later pylon is still there and plans for the other estate have been dropped - contacted the esb who basically just said its within the allowed distance from houses (Its actually in the green area of the estate!). I am determined to take the mater further but where do I go, not only is it an eyesore but its noisy and even though no proven health risks am still concerned.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

The ESB will move it as long as you pay for it.Otherwise dont hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I'll be honest, there is nothing you can do. You bought your house knowing where the Pylon was. The estate agent telling you it will be moved is worth nothing. Also the other deveolpment being cancelled is not the ESB's fault so they won;t give a cr*p either.

Your stuck with it and probably shouol dnot waste your time starting a campaign to move it cause you will not win. Sorry though, it sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

post a picture please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

ny the way, there are no health risks! its just electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

Buyer beware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

Can't believe half the promises that are made. Remember that house vendors are interested in one thing - selling the house. If stretching the truth is required now and then .....

Advertisement