Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any seaweed baths in or near Lahinch?

• 09-04-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Well that's kind of it in a nutshell really.

And no, I dont need anyone to tell me I can go and lie in the seaweed in the sea ;)

Thinking of heading down to Lahinch for the weekend (Easter), wouldn't mind a bit of pampering afterwards if I brave the cold seas.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the Spa (good name isn't it :)) in Ennistymon used to do them, used to do special tonic water and everything, don't know if they still do them since they did up the gym there though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Quick google search, up to Kinvara you go http://www.seaweedtreatment.com/

It's actually a lovely drive from Lahinch to Kinvara, through the Burren, shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes to get there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Also a place in Kilkee but thats 30 mins away also.

http://www.kilkeethalasso.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Clareman wrote: »
    Quick google search, up to Kinvara you go http://www.seaweedtreatment.com/

It's actually a lovely drive from Lahinch to Kinvara, through the Burren, shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes to get there

Are you driving a helicopter? It'll take you nearly an hour to drive from Lahinch to Kinvara. Lahinch, Ennistymon, Kilfenora, Carron and on to Kinvara is a fairly long drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

f1dan wrote: »
    Are you driving a helicopter? It'll take you nearly an hour to drive from Lahinch to Kinvara. Lahinch, Ennistymon, Kilfenora, Carron and on to Kinvara is a fairly long drive.

That's the scenic route you're recommending. Take the N67 Lahinch-Ennistymon-Lisdoonvarna-Ballyvaughan-Kinvara and it shouldn't take longer than 30 min., maybe 40.

Buzz55, if your not too specific about seaweedbaths for a bit of pampering, the next spa ist in Ennistymon in the Falls Hotel: http://www.fallshotel.ie/River-Spa.aspx, about 10 min. drive from Lahinch.

• Advertisement

palaver wrote: »
    That's the scenic route you're recommending. Take the N67 Lahinch-Ennistymon-Lisdoonvarna-Ballyvaughan-Kinvara and it shouldn't take longer than 30 min., maybe 40.

15 mins from Lahinch to Lisdoon
    25 mins from Lisdoonvarna to Ballyvaughan
    15 mins Ballyvaughan to Kinvara
    __

55 mins. What kind of rocket cars do you people drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

f1dan wrote: »
    15 mins from Lahinch to Lisdoon
    25 mins from Lisdoonvarna to Ballyvaughan
    15 mins Ballyvaughan to Kinvara
    __

55 mins. What kind of rocket cars do you people drive?

AA routefinder says 48 mins which means its probably less!!

Route Planner (From Lahinch to Kinvara West)

Time: 0 hr 48 min
    Total Distance (Km): 52.79
    convert to miles >>

Travel (Km) and then
    to take total (Km)
    0.0 Start out at Lahinch,Clare Uncl. 0.0

0.0 Bear left onto the N67 N67 0.0

0.0 At church bear left onto the N67 N67 0.0

0.2 Turn right onto the N67 N67 0.2

3.4 Bear right onto Lahinch Road - N67 Entering Ennistimon N67 3.6

0.3 Bear left onto the N67 (signposted Lisdoonvarna) N67 4.0

11.0 Continue forward onto the N67 Entering Lisdoonvarna N67 15.0

11.8 Corkscrew Hill (hairpin bends) N67 26.7

5.8 Continue forward onto the N67 Entering Ballyvaghan N67 32.5

6.1 Muckinish Hill N67 38.6

14.0 Continue forward onto the N67 Entering Kinvarra N67 52.6

0.2 Finish at Kinvara West,Galway N67 52.8

(End Section)

If you've driven the road from Lisdoonvarna to Ballyvaughan recently you'll know that it's not in the best state, to say the very very least. My point is still that it takes a lot more than half an hour to get from Lahinch to Kinvara.

Advertisement