Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Steering Wheel

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭realismpol

Yeah your part of the problem in this country mate. Sympathetic to the criminal elements. No wonder these killers roam freely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

realismpol wrote: »

. Im saying s.w.a.t teams should be set up to go out and deal with these criminals using 'whatever methods neccessary'.

that's not what s.w.a.t teams do at all.

Swat teams work like the ERU, which, of course, we already have. Seems like a strange extrapolation to make - someone calls you on an inaccuracy in your post and you claim they support criminals. :confused:

Listen if you want to discuss the finer details of what s.w.a.t teams do feel free to head over to the emergency services forum.
    Everyone with half a brain knows what the eru do and what they are there for. Most people don't need to be informed of the internal workings of the unit. That of course would be sensitive information.

No doubt based on your inside knowledge of 's.w.a.t teams' and your open discussion of there tactics on a public board you have worked in one. Yeah? Exactly, so drop the subject and stop trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ah no, it's just - you had this big thing about how we needed swat teams over here to use whatever means necessary. File and me were just pointing out that we already have swat teams and that's not what they do. well, I was anyway. it's hardly trolling to call you on something when you get something wrong.

• Advertisement

great buddy as i said drop the subject. Take the hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

What we need is a massive fcukin tank. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

These scumbags have actually more power than the guards and the judges, they're able to effect the outcome of a trial, who in the right mind is gonna testify against any of them now after something like that.
    Its time a vigilante group dealt with the matter because the justice system is letting us down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

It's ok realismpol, the Army Ranger Wing are trained in hostage rescue etc so rest assured if the GS did decide they needed a SWAT team they can get one fairly rapidly.

Hazarding a guess as to why the GS dont have their own would be based on the amount of 'SWAT' work the ARW are called in for...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

Kess73 wrote: »
    What is scary is the fact that one of the two guys being held at the moment for the latest shooting is out on the streets after having been brought in for the Geoghan murder and his file was sent to the DPP pending investigation.

So while they are waiting for his file to come across some desk, he is now possibly involved in another murder. No wonder this type have no fear of the legal system. It seems you have more chance of ending up in prison for defaulting on your car loan than for trying to kill someone or actually killing someone.

Maybe Minister O'Dea should be made to publicly explain his part in Wayne Dundon's ten year sentence being reduced, seeing as that sentence is for a shooting that looks to have led to this latest murder. Minister O'Dea has already said in the press and on the radio that his office sent in a letter of character reference for Dundon, and Dundon's sentence was reduced after this.

the june elections remind his camp followers i definitly will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

An File wrote: »
    You keep mentioning them as if they're James Bond-style assassins, it's like you expect them to raid and kill without warning. Sounds to me like you don't understand their role at all.

well thats what the other crowd do, fire with fire, an eye for an eye, etc, etc, perhaps if the state used their rules things would change.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

old boy wrote: »
    well thats what the other crowd do, fire with fire, an eye for an eye, etc, etc, perhaps if the state used their rules things would change.

And if the state did follow those rules they'd be little better than the gangs.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand that extreme measures are required to eradicate extreme problems. The thing is, we will never see an Irish government take public recognition for mass assassination. It could never be permitted under law, never mind carried be out by some high profile "SWAT" division with government blessing. If anything is to happen, it will be done by an anonymous vigilante. Then, when all the gangs are gone, we'll be left with an all-powerful vigilante to deal with...

I think too many people are forgetting that an innocent man has been killed, this thread shouldn't be used to promote further murders in his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Southill

There was very young children in the pub next door I passed about 20 mins after it happened and saw the police tape this is so sad engaged and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Can someone provide a link to any article that discusses Willie O Dea giving a character reference as alleged above?

News to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

RonMexico wrote: »
    Can someone provide a link to any article that discusses Willie O Dea giving a character reference as alleged above?

News to me...

It was a reference on official paper from his office, it made the news as it was not the first time it had happened.

Will try to dig up the link as it was last year. A number of local criminals had asked for, or rather their families has asked for the references for the appeal boards.

It was around the time he claimed to have had brokered a peace deal with the city crime gangs last year

Until I find the link, mods can feel free to edit the post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

old boy wrote: »

I'm in complete agreement - all citizens of this state should immediately give up all right to due process...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/odea-helped-29-prisoners-seeking-special-treatment-1558886.html

All I could find in relation to the matter and he denies helping any people involved in the feud

Either way he won't be getting my vote.

Advertisement