Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Italian Sausage

• 09-04-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I've only recently gotten into The Sopranos and every episode makes me hungry. There are recipes on the net from The Sopranos Family Cookbook but a lot of them require Italian Sausage - they happen to be the most appealing ones to me. The mention of Carmella's sweet sausage lasagna with basil leaves makes me drool.... So does anyone know where (in Dublin preferably) one could buy such meat? I think it could be the cooking method that makes it sweet, and I know Milano's have an excellent topping of it for their pizzas.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 bombjack2

I use Kabanossi from Lidl with pasta alot, I imagine it would be pretty good in a lasagne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Would be interested in finding a supplier of spicy Italian sausages as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Little Italy in Smithfield should have all you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

fresh in Smithfield has some things called "tolouse sausages" which are the closest match to italian sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Little Italy looks great! Also, I'm going to NY in a couple o fweeks - I'm sure I could get it there and smuggle it home? Don't really know what to ask for - just sweet Italian Sausage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Salsicce or salsiccia (pronounced sal-see-che) are sweet Italian suasages. The spices used in making them are black pepper, fennel seeds and a little chille flake. You could try adding those spices to a good quality sausage meat for the lasagna recipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I posted a recipe a while back, here

Advertisement