Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband only packages?

Options
  • 09-04-2009 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

want to switch to a broadband only package, no phone line. Is this possible with eircom or any of the other providers, BT, talk talk, etc?

I'm currently with clearwire, but I want to get rid of them. speed isnt' great, and i'm thinking they're very expensive. Also, a few months ago, they up'ed my bill without telling me & in breach of the contract (I had 2 year fixed bill contract).

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

jdpl28 wrote: »
    Hi,

want to switch to a broadband only package, no phone line. Is this possible with eircom or any of the other providers, BT, talk talk, etc?

No. You need the phone line and pay the line rental.
    After that you can sign up with any of the providers and choose 'broadband only' without a calls package but you'll still have to pay the line rental monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

jdpl28 wrote: »
    Hi,

With DSL you always need to pay line-rental, if you take a phone package or not. That's why to compare you always have to add 25 eur/month to the advertised DSL price.

Clearwire, Mobile Internet etc. can't be considered broadband.

So the only other option, that you have is either UPC via the cable-tv network, if you have that option or fixed wireless.

/M

Advertisement