Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet problems [Amocom, WISP, Co. Cork]

Options
  • 09-04-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

I am having severe internet difficulties today with my Internet connection provided by Amocom, Co. Cork.

It was working all morning [Firefox, IRC & BitTorrent], but suddenly the connection went dead. The Local Area Connection remained online but the error messages were as follows:

IRC : Software Caused connection abort
    uTorrent : connection closed by peer
    Firefox : The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Also Google Talk says connecting but it stays like that and doesn't stop.

My friends on Amocom report no problems so this looks like a problem on my side. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The best is to contact Amocom.

You could also try to restart your CPE (the antenna), but unplugging it for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Give it 2-3 minutes after that to come online.

Have you checked, that you still have an IP address ?

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Contacted them.

Restarted computer.

Works... for now.

Said it was because Eircom was default dialup option.

barnicles wrote: »
    Said it was because Eircom was default dialup option.

Just go into Internet Explorer, Menu "Tools", Internet Options, Connections and select "Never dial a connection".

Then that shouldn't ever happen again.

/M

That was enabled

barnicles wrote: »
    That was enabled

You can always remove all the dial-up connections in there, but if that was enabled, that was DEFINATLY not the cause of your connection failing.

A reboot isn't a bad thing though, when things go odd.

/M

• Advertisement

It failed again:(
    Can't even access localhost... strange

That sounds more like an issue with your computer then, not your broadband.

/M

Can you help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Magzr

I agree with Marlow. Definately a computer problem and not an ISP problem.

You mentioned bit torrent and are probably doing some other p2p applications as well. Then there is your source. You have downloaded some unwanted rubbish of some form or another. Have seen it a few times on a few different PC's

Trying to help over this is like someone posting here saying "my car makes a noise, can you help fix" type of a thing. It could be 20 different things.

Take it to someone who knows a bit about computers and they should be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Spyware.

Scan system using Spybot search and destroy and adaware.

• Advertisement
Advertisement