Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mechanic for Ducati in South Dublin? My bike is broken :(

• 09-04-2009 2:02pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys anyone know a good Mechainc that is handy with Ducati's in South Dublin?

I hear there is a guy in Tallaght called Bert who used to work for Ducati Dublin. Anyone have his number?

I've had loads of problems with my 2005 Ducati Monster 620ie. From time to time I get to go on the bike, put in the keys in and turn it on - all the lights go on as normal - absolutely nothing strange, but I push the starter and nothing happens. Nothing at all, not even a click. I can push start it but it still will not start again after i turn it off.

One mechanic looked at it and said it was the sidestand switch. I called Ducati Dublin and they said it could be the clutch switch. I got both replaced. It worked fine for a few weeks and then the problem was back. The thing is that it is weird cause it would not work one morning, but I'd try it that evening and it would start fine!

But every time I get on the bike I just do not know if it is going to work or not.

I need a good mechanic to find and fix the problem for good!!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Surely ducati dublin would be an advisable place to start. They are not far from tallaght and should be a relatively sure place to diagnose the issue.

Unless you were avoiding them on a cost issue?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

this guy Bert is ex Ducati Dublin - I hear he is very good and is well priced too - so i'd like to try him first. If you go to Ducati Dublin you'll need to being some KY Jelly in preperation for the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sronoc

Zascar wrote: »
    this guy Bert is ex Ducati Dublin - I hear he is very good and is well priced too - so i'd like to try him first. If you go to Ducati Dublin you'll need to being some KY Jelly in preperation for the bill.

sounds like water gettin in to clocks assembly which houses the immobiliser board, common prob, expensive to replace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

Meant to stick this in your thread on biker.ie:

This is his website: http://ducatiserviceireland.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Yeah Bert in BHP is a good mechanic, highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks lads I just spoke to him - hope to get it sorted asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

motopoint in parkwast fixs ducati but do not go thare if you whant your bike back in one piece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

motopoint in parkwast fixs ducati but do not go thare if you whant your bike back in one piece

Motopoint are Ducati Dublin...

Yeah go to Bert, I use him for my S4r, sound chap and wont make it to painful on your wallet. Must book my-self in with him for the Belts before the Revup for DSI :)

Also on the monsters, its essential that you use some WD40 on all the switches and electrical connectors if the bike is used in all weather types or left out side.

Thanks lads. I brought it to Bert in Tallaght last week. He can't find anything wrong with it though! Typical, I've got the annoying problem that can't be detected! It works perfectly for him every time but I know when I get it back some day it will just not start again...

Very nice guy anyway, highly recommended - nice fit out he's got, and he has some really nice bikes in there too!

Advertisement