Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peoples Photography 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Thanks Kyle. Send me on a PM so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Me! Although I don't want to be beside you again - you make my stuff look bad :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

will throw my name down for this one - please.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kuroino

thanks Kyle.

it is not clear from your blog if you are one of the organisers of the exhibition.
    if this is so, could you please clarify the situation with confirmations on the applications already made and allocation of spaces? i mean timeframe etc

thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi Kyle,

Interested in joining with the other boardsies this time. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

Kyle and myself are helping to organise the exhibition. Remember this is a voluntary role and we along with some others stepped forward to keep the event running so please dont jump on us :)

There are over 170 applications already in and unfortunately it looks like there hasnt been time yet to send out any confirmation emails. Space allocations should take place shortly, i.e. within the next two weeks. They will be as fair as possible based on thins like how many years people have taken part and when your application was received. I'm sure some people will be happy and some dissapointed, I was one of the disapointed ones last year but managed to move up to an empty space with Boards last year which saved the weekend (thanks to Darren).

There is a problem updating the website, hopefully that will all get sorted tonight and the new website will be available then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Hi

Put my name down also please

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

Put my name down too please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

ok guys, I'll leave this going till Monday and then see how many we have. I'll pm everyone Monday.

Have a great weekend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I made myself a promise last year that I'd put the work in to get on board this ship. Stick me down bro - I good to go :D

Website is updated at last :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will be taking a slot with DCC again on the North Side.

Will merge this thread in with the other one already started.

Hey Guys,
    I'm PM'ing everybody who has put their name down. If you don't get a pm in the next 5mins get onto me. The list for this year includes all the following great photographers ;)

el_loco_blanco
    Ballyman
    bravo
    PCPhoto
    sineadw
    dakar
    shepthedog
    Buzz Lightyear

humberklog, I have a felling you asked for your name to be popped down.. am I right, or just going crazy??

Kyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Is it too late Kyle?

That's everybody signed up now. No more applications are being taken but feel free to pop along on the day and there will be a few spaces to spare (peoples photography places, not necessarily with the boards group!)

el_loco_blanco
    Ballyman
    bravo
    PCPhoto
    sineadw
    dakar
    shepthedog
    Buzz Lightyear
    Dodgykeeper
    positivenote
    humberklog

Bold = paid

• Advertisement

Thanks Kyle! PM on the way...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

kjt wrote: »
    humberklog, I have a felling you asked for your name to be popped down.. am I right, or just going crazy??

Kyle

I did yeah.
    That's not saying you're not a bit nutty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Cheers for sorting all this out.. The day was a good bit of craic last yr, now just need to get some prints and all that jazz done..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Thanks Kyle, PM gone. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers for all the quick replies guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

disaster guys,
    just back from my honeymoon after 3 weeks and checked the board for the first time and low and behold ive missed the allocation of spaces for this... is there anyway i can go about getting a confirmed sapce as i really wanted to exhibit in this...
    any help or advice would be great.
    THanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Well ..... If you ask Buzz Lightyear or Sineadw very nicely they may agree to exhibit with DCC, which still has places being filled. That would leave a space in the list above. It's up to them if they will move though.

See what happens when you get married, everything starts to go wrong.

Hold on ..... I think your name is on the list now. So ignore the above (well some of it)

Couldn't go back and re-edit the other post so just an update of people paid

Ballyman

el_loco_blanco
    bravo
    PCPhoto
    sineadw
    dakar
    shepthedog
    Dodgykeeper

Buzz Lightyear
    positivenote
    humberklog
    Italics are paying in cash.

Maybe meetup some evening next week for a bit of a shoot around Dublin. Tues/wed around 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Koyasan

Damn.

Just back and see it's too late to sign on for boards this year. Last year on was much better craic than the previous years, so if there are any cancellations with the Boards group, or the other groups, I'll definitely take the place. PM me any instructions if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

id be up for a meet up/ramble around dublin with the camera... also would allow me to give kyle the money..
    keep me informed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Meet up sounds good Kyle. Wednesday sounds good and suits better, as DCC meet at 8 on a tuesday, however if tuesday suits better it's fine by me.

Great stuff guys, looks like we're all paid up and we shall be at the start of the east side. Try remember not to leave the printing too late!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kuroino

Does anybody know where to look at the space allocation plan? It's not on the site yet, but I recon kjt saw it, right?

Thanks.

It's being sorted this week and should be on the site early/mid next week buddy.
    I'll let you know here too :)

Awesome, looks like everybody's paid up and mailed me their info. (I haven't fully checked, there might be one more person to pay up, shall check later) Thanks guys and gals!

We shall be at the very start of the East side of the green this year.

The full listing shall be put up online next week.

How's everybody getting on with their image selection/printing/mounting/freaking out/etc?

(if it makes anybody feel better, I've absolutely nada done so far)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

anybody going to upset the taoiseachs family this year?

We shall be at the very start of the East side of the green this year.

Ok for us without a compass or an Iphone (or, indeed, a brain) - where is that exactly?

I have not one thing done or even thought about for it :D I have a few prints being returned to me from exhibitions, and I'll start thinking from there.

Looking at the railings, to the far end of where we were last year. To the right... map time, it will cause less confusion. Just take a left after the second right, straight at the roundabout and when you get to the petrol station, you're there :pac:

map_peps_photo.jpg

Ah brilliant :D Beside the pub? Near the junction? With the lights and all?

Nice spot though ;)

Good news, the peoples photography site has been updated with the list of exhibitors. Spaces are not up there yet but the list on the site can be taken as confirmation that your application was received.

As Kyle said space allocations should be online some time next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KAzoom

:) Hi All,

Just a reminder of the Annual People's Photography Exhibition on the Green. Peoples Photography 2009 will take place on Sat 29th & Sun 30th August 2009.
    Admissions for 2009 are now closed for photographers exhibiting :eek: However some extra spaces will be available on the day.:rolleyes: Spaces not occupied by 10am on Saturday morning will be allocated to people with no spaces.

http://www.peoples-photography.com/Peoples_Photography/Welcome.html

Tell everyone to come see the work - it's a great day out for all the family & it's FREE! So please support it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

I know we are not ment to post anything commercial in here

BUT

I thought i better mention to people i am back if anyone needs stuff for peoples photography

[mods please delete if you feel it should be]

i am just trying to be helpful really

The allocation of slots for 2009 is now online on the Peoples Photography website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

15 from boards. Great stuff folks. Good luck, hope to get along for a gawk ;)

• Advertisement

I suppose I should start thinking about what I want to show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

yeah - must dust off the 'ould terabites of hard drives and pick a few images.

- thinking of doing a selection of concert images with some cityscapes.

problem is that I dont have anything that I'm happy with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Edit: No longer applicable

So... how are people getting on with choosing photos/printing/mounting?

I getting on really well, I plan to have my images picked by Thursday. I'll worry about photoshopping, printing, mounting etc next week :D

Please tell me I'm not alone ;) :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

well kyle

no one has asked me to do any yet :-)

You'll probably have a line outside your work Friday next week :pac:

• Advertisement

So... how are people getting on with choosing photos/printing/mounting?

I getting on really well, I plan to have my images picked by Thursday. I'll worry about photoshopping, printing, mounting etc next week :D

Please tell me I'm not alone ;) :eek:

I'm very organized this year, though I've had more time to focus on my photography this month but thats another subject ;)

I have the photos selected and printed. I'll reuse the mounts I had last year, I have a big box of them under the stairs, if I bought more this year the girlfriend would make me dump my computer or something to make space.

My problem is figuring out how to actually hang them on the railing. I'm supposed to put a page up on the peoples photo website with hanging tips so I suppose I should figure it out this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

Any decisions on the allocation of the boards.ie spaces yet?

decsramble wrote: »
    My problem is figuring out how to actually hang them on the railing. I'm supposed to put a page up on the peoples photo website with hanging tips so I suppose I should figure it out this week.

Ahh, I was going to write up a post on my blog this week but I'm crazy busy, don't think I'll have the time. Then again, people might not like how I hang my stuff.

Re el_loco_blanco:

#301 | el_loco_blanco
    #302 | bravo
    #302 | PCPhoto
    #304 | dakar
    #305 | sineadw
    #306 | kjt
    #307 | kjt
    #308 | KarenMcd
    #309 | Buzz Lightyear
    #310 | humberklog
    #311 | RoJo
    #311 | positivenote
    #313 | shepthedog
    #314 | Dodgykeeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Any decisions on the allocation of the boards.ie spaces yet?

I think it's on the web site - there's a bunch of positions allocated to boards.ie (15, I think all together as far as i recall)

EDIT: TY KJT

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm in a bit of a pickle. For one, I can't pick one picture never mind four.
    I still haven't figured out how to burn a cd from the Picasa window on the laptop I sometimes use. In other words I'm a bit lost in what you'd need to bring to a proper printer as in cd wise.
    I haven't received my prize from Canon yet which was of a little printer (6"x4" prints I think). This was going to get me out of a hole and still might if it arrives in time.

I would've liked to have four to six medium sized ones but I'd only want them printed properly (as in Steve's (stsc) kinda skills if I was going all out.

Generally my fear is that I'm a bit unprepared, undecided and not really in a financial position to properly represent myself as I'd like to.
    I'll know next week and will let those in positions either side of me know as perhaps they could avail of the railing space.

I'll pop along all the same for a cup of tea and banana sambo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement