Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peoples Photography 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I won't be able to make it Peoples Photography this year as I'm going to one of my best friend's wedding in Sligo for the weekend :)

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck!

Marcus

It's a fair swap. You have a good time
    in Sligo and I'll have a good time in Dublin! :)

I haven't had occasion to drive around St Stephen's Green for ages (not since the Luas went in anyway). Is there still parking on the Green and if not, where do you recommend to avoid lugging stuff too far on Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

There is some parking on the green. Best advice - GET THERE EARLY, and get your parking space.

Thanks Paul. I figured I'd need to be up early alright. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

Yup there is parking though I dont know how long you are allowed to park or how much it costs. I was going to drive in as well but the car is giving trouble so it's gotta stay home I fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

There's spaces right in front of the boardsies spots alright, but yeah, get there early.

If anyone gets there early and the slots havent been clearly marked dont pick your spot based on the faded chalk numbers from last week. I looked at it yesterday and the numbers start from the opposite end of the green to the ones peoples photo start at. It would be a pain to set up and then have to move again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

okay chaps, going in tomorrow, will have ten A4 framed prints and im gonna print off another 5 or 6 5" X 7" today.
    what time should we be in there at to get set up and settled? oh yeah and how will we know where our specific allocation starts and ends... are there markings?

sorry chaps also meant to ask, does anyone know where to get that clear plastic sheet type covering that will protect your alloted space from the rain?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Solarina

ditto Q about knowing exactly where your slot is? My luck means I will definately set up in the wrong place or something...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Last year I went to Woodies & bought a couple of plastic Drop Sheets they use for painting. They were very cheap & covered the display when it rained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

CabanSail wrote: »
    Last year .......when it rained.

It WILL NOT RAIN this year ........ please. Can everybody do the 'not the' rain dance :D

guys just to reask, sorry, but if i got there for 10.30 would it be a bit late? i can get a lift in then or get the train and be in for a around 9ish?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

They start to reallocate spots at 10am.

I would leave your Mobile # with someone so that you can be contacted to confirm that you will be there soon.

It WILL NOT RAIN this year ........ please. Can everybody do the 'not the' rain dance

You do NOT want to see my No Rain Dance.

It involves Nudity & a Chicken.

decsramble wrote: »
    Yup there is parking though I dont know how long you are allowed to park or how much it costs.

Thanks for that, I reckon I'll aim to be there early enough, get set up, and if there's a time restriction on parking, I'm sure someone will keep an eye on my prints whilst I go off and park somewhere else.

And Cabansail, thanks so much for that image. Fortunately I had finished the chicken salad I had for lunch before I read that!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I will be shooting Wedding Formals in the Green tommorrow afternoon so I will be sure to look out for you all :) best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Re: Parking - I think it's €2.90 per hour on the green & there's a 3-hour restriction. On sunday they only charge for a few hours though (12-4, I think).

Solarina wrote: »
    ditto Q about knowing exactly where your slot is? My luck means I will definately set up in the wrong place or something...
    The spaces will have numbers written in chalk on them so it should be clear, hopefully... :)

CabanSail wrote: »
    It involves Nudity & a Chicken.

And we though you ausies got your kicks from sheep sheerin'. Turns out some of you boys from down under also like chickens. Oooooh the thought. I can feel that snack box doing strange things .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I'm pretty sure parking is free on Sunday. Just putting it out there..... but 'some' people don't pay for parking and once a van comes around they jump up and go to the parking meter. It's terrible, I know. Who would do such a thing.

WooHoo, prints done last night, just back from the North with my mounts. Time to have breakfast and get mounting!

Glenn, Don't worry about your spot. I'll keep it till 11 no probs :)

• Advertisement

More parking info:

http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/Pages/PayandDisplay.aspx

There is free parking on sunday in various parts of the city centre, but iirc not on the green itself.
    ..... but 'some' people don't pay for parking and once a van comes around they jump up and go to the parking meter. It's terrible, I know. Who would do such a thing.

Yeah, there are even some people who would keep sketch in case the feds come around clamp people. No-one I know of course, honest.

Hmm, considering I cant drive in tomorrow (bus is easy so not a hassle) the evil side of me wonders how much will you all pay me not to turn states evidence and turn you all into the feds, muhahahahaha

Anyone seen the Arts weekends when someone parks a camper van on the corner. If that doesnt get towed I'd guess cars should be safe. I suppose the difference between artists and photographers is we can settle for a take out cup of coffee from insomnia, they need a warm cup of tea from a caravan ;)

cheers Kyle, i should be in before 10 as the wife is now dropping me in... in her pajamas mind as she'll be going home straight back to bed :)
    i'll be bringing in ten A4 prints and six 5x7" prints also.. the selection process was hard all the same...
    now to find a little chair, some reading material and a radio...

look forward to meeting some of you guys. do say hello....

Printed, mounted, bagged up and ready to go :)

See you tomorrow!

Edit : today!

cheers Kyle, i should be in before 10 as the wife is now dropping me in... in her pajamas mind as she'll be going home straight back to bed :)
    i'll be bringing in ten A4 prints and six 5x7" prints also.. the selection process was hard all the same...
    now to find a little chair, some reading material and a radio...

look forward to meeting some of you guys. do say hello....

Holy crap, good man. I totally would have forgot a chair in the morning, kitchen chair it is lol!

Quick little update

#301 | el_loco_blanco
    #302 | bravo
    #302 | PCPhoto
    #304 | dakar
    #305 | sineadw
    #306 | kjt
    #307 | kjt
    #308 | Buzz Lightyear
    #309 | humberklog
    #310 | RoJo
    #311 | positivenote
    #312 | shepthedog
    #313 | Dodgykeeper / forget who jumped into this spot
    #313 | PPNA
    #313 | PPNA

I'll be there from 7.30/8 anyways getting things marked out so I can tell you where you are if you forget!

Bon nuit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

still not ready...

Great awl day guys, looking forward to sleeping tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

sorry - couldnt make it .... got a call and had to goto work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

any photos of the surrounds (i think last year there was at least one or two incriminating images of lets just say onlookers! :D)

Hope ye had fun! Good luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Nice to see everybody there, have fun tomorrow

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    any photos of the surrounds (i think last year there was at least one or two incriminating images of lets just say onlookers! :D)Hope ye had fun! Good luck tomorrow.

I have a few, but they're raw and the lappy's burried in the car under all the stuff for displaying ... Your calling in to say hello ?

Borderfox wrote: »
    Nice to see everybody there, have fun tomorrow

Great meeting you Keith. Nice to put a face to the handle.

good day guys, glad to meet some of you and hopefully i wasn't the only one who sold something... even if it was only a 5"x7" print for a fiver :)

good luck tomorrow guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Solarina

lovely to meet loads of you! Had a great time hovering and spying and eavesdropping the exhibits, was just a deadly weekend all round- absolutely shattered now though!

Your calling in to say hello ?

Afraid not. :( Too much family orientated stuff/visiting/oul fella's birthday/getting kids stuff ready for school/etc... to attend to.

Hope ye all had fun.

• Advertisement

A good weekend despite the less than perfect weather today. I even got a sale: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter1892/2061484229/

A big thank you to all those involved in organising the event, see you next year :)

Cracking day/weekend guys, I had a freggin' blast!!
    Thanks!

DE7C1F3686084F0FA048C2DB63651E29-800.jpg

you see - the buyers were there - they just weren't in corporeal form..*

*that's my excuse :D

Edit: I had a brilliant time too :D Roll on next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Don't worry, I'm sure you haven't seen the last of the buyers.

Myself and my wife were there checking out the photos, and we've picked two that we'll buy in large format when we move into our new gaff in a few weeks. No point in purchasing before then, but we have the photog's details so we can contact when we actually have somewhere to put the prints.

Fair play to all involved!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Such good fun. Great to get out and do stuff.
    Shifted just over 150 prints which is very exciting indeed.

• Advertisement

Awesome shot Sinead, they turned out sweet!

I thought it was only 130 Neil, still can't believe you shifted that many!
    I'd say the most of anybody from the beginning of this event!

Thanks everybody for making such a great weekend. It was great meeting everybody who called by to say hello. You helped to make it a fabulous weekend.

A big welcome to our newest boardsie Nebezpeci Mys who sold some work after great persuasion by the rest of us to display her work.

An amazing well done to Humberklog who shifted the most photos of anybody on the green. His work is now going workdwide.

Finally a big thank you to Mr Tunney who done very well in 'shifting'. Without his efforts we'd probably be at home all weekend long.

:D:D:D Great weekend.

Fabulous shot Sinead - well done.

Great shot Sinead.
    Kj you're right!! 75 yesterday and 48 until the pub, where I dumped another 4 or 5 on that american lady. About 130, still good feeling.

Big thanks to Kyle for being so pro-active and infectious with it.

I was joking about the 130!! 130/150, who's to quibble? Once you get past 2 it's impressive, but 100+? I'm just amazed you got them all reprinted so quickly! Next year you might want to get 2 stalls, one for your exhibit and one for the queue of people ;)

humberklog wrote: »
    Shifted just over 150 prints which is very exciting indeed.

why am i not surprised :D

well done. Hope you end up rich and famous (without all the bad habbits that go with that kinda c**p)

(without all the bad habbits that go with that kinda c**p)

.....without all the bad habbits that go with that kinda c**p

The mans been there, worn the teeshirt on a bareback horse and back. He's a legand.

HK after +10 prints you blew everybody away. We couldn't compete.;)

It's how you go about it, nothing to do with content (thankfully!!).:pac::pac::pac:

I can imagine more doing the same next year, it's the way forward.

Of course it was great to see and meet all those exhibiting but a big heads up to those that came to browse and said hello...p and b, oshead, xia, covey etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I was just delighted to see you were all so........well.........normal!
    Great day folks and enjoyed the few pints....even if I had to pay cash and not laser:)

I was just delighted to see you were all so........well.........normal!
    Great day folks and enjoyed the few pints....even if I had to pay cash and not laser:)

Arrrrhhh ..... That was you at the Pub!!!!

You were actually quite normal too

• Advertisement
Advertisement