Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YOUR OPPIONIONS PLEASE

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

ponyirl wrote: »
    i am happy to say now that i.ve seen the bigger picture i didn't know you could be refused alcohol on those grounds in future i will purchase and alcoholic beverages on my own and will duely apologise to the girl if she remembers

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Buffman

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Am the Gards might have a different view on this.

They do send in test cases.

I drank from 13 years old, I got served everywhere, later I had fake IDs when pubs started to be over 21.

That was 15 years ago, now my 17 year old brother can't get served anywhere, he can't he get a passable fake ID. Which do you think is better.

My job in tails asking for ID, the guideline is if the person looks under 21, ask.

I think you may have mis-read what I was saying, we were talking about adults buying for minors and what difference the adults having ID would make. (Sweet FA IMO)

I think we would all agree that anyone who looks underage requires ID to buy drink no matter what the circumstances.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Prohibited

Walkman wrote: »
    While I fully agree with the staff member asking for ID I do 100% disagree with the checkout girl and her manager having a conversation in their native tongue. This is bad manners and not very good customer relations. If this happened to me I would have no problem politely asking them to please speak in english when they were discussing me or mrs walkman :-)

Terrible! Bloody fookers are always doing that in my Spar.

Advertisement