Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study, Is it too late???

Options
  • 09-04-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Right the exams are 2 months away, is it enough time to do your best and get alot of study done, what are you doing as the weeks are closing in, late nights, early mornings??!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

i hope people say no!! i have nothing done, i got 395 in the pre's which is a joke for me!! ahhhh i need incentive to learn,, ill start today so!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

i hope people say no!! i have nothing done, i got 395 in the pre's which is a joke for me!! ahhhh i need incentive to learn,, ill start today so!:rolleyes:

If only we were all as smart as you

If only we were all as smart as you
    sorry i didn mean for that to sound stuck up. i need at leat another 60 points! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 verygood

plenty of time, everyone on easter break i presume, ive picked the six subject which i hope for points and jus gona stick with those and tear through exam papers and analyze marking schemes coz thats what it all comes down to i suppose, prioritizing!:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Never too late:pac:
    Even 3 weeks is plenty of time of revision.
    Not if you need 500+ points though.

• Advertisement

verygood wrote: »
    plenty of time, everyone on easter break i presume, ive picked the six subject which i hope for points and jus gona stick with those and tear through exam papers and analyze marking schemes coz thats what it all comes down to i suppose, prioritizing!:):)

i hope soare you doing subjects you like?? i am doing history and econonics.. love them! french cos i have to which is a bit meh! and physics bain of my bloody life! failed it in the pre along with 13 others outta a class of 20 and our teacher is on leave since feb and was due to come back after easter but change of plan he aint.... oh christ! rant over!:)

ya, well ya 3 weeks ya if ur aiming for ova 5 is crazy ya!!

But i suppose if u work your ass off between this and exams, having good orals and projects done behind you, its achievable to get there abouts, if all goes right of course

i hope soare you doing subjects you like?? i am doing history and econonics.. love them! french cos i have to which is a bit meh! and physics bain of my bloody life! failed it in the pre along with 13 others outta a class of 20 and our teacher is on leave since feb and was due to come back after easter but change of plan he aint.... oh christ! rant over!:)

well im doin biolody and ag. science and the new DCG subject so thats 3, and im begging on a distinction in LCVP and im doing french and irish too, so ive a portflio done, full marks in my ag, science project and my DCG teacher said that i should get 40/40 in my project, not that its worth that but the fact that its the first year of the coarse, they willl be awarding that for a good standard project,, 385 in pres, french teacher run down?? jesus sorry, mine went on maternity after xmas but replacement was ok!

well im doin biolody and ag. science and the new DCG subject so thats 3, and im begging on a distinction in LCVP and im doing french and irish too, so ive a portflio done, full marks in my ag, science project and my DCG teacher said that i should get 40/40 in my project, not that its worth that but the fact that its the first year of the coarse, they willl be awarding that for a good standard project,, 385 in pres, french teacher run down?? jesus sorry, mine went on maternity after xmas but replacement was ok!
    french teacher?? no ours in terrible she is one of them that gives lectures at grind schools and so on. all she has done is photo copy the solutions to ever exam question since the new course came in and give us out revision sheets that are terrible and gives us ridiculous amounts of homeowrk and tells us correct it ourselves!! so no one in the class has done a tap since she came! we are so screwed! aww i miss i could do lcvp.. my subjects didn match!

french teacher?? no ours in terrible she is one of them that gives lectures at grind schools and so on. all she has done is photo copy the solutions to ever exam question since the new course came in and give us out revision sheets that are terrible and gives us ridiculous amounts of homeowrk and tells us correct it ourselves!! so no one in the class has done a tap since she came! we are so screwed! aww i miss i could do lcvp.. my subjects didn match!

how bad sure, work away urself and just learn off fancy phrases for the essays and writing section and just be covered to write on topics such as drugs, voting, social problems, its very repetitive i think anyway, practice a few with the exam papers and remember answer what your asked and brainstorm, there 4 and you pick 3, so after doing those 3 theres only the 2 comprehensions and if they go good, it will give you good confidance for the written part!!:)

• Advertisement

how bad sure, work away urself and just learn off fancy phrases for the essays and writing section and just be covered to write on topics such as drugs, voting, social problems, its very repetitive i think anyway, practice a few with the exam papers and remember answer what your asked and brainstorm, there 4 and you pick 3, so after doing those 3 theres only the 2 comprehensions and if they go good, it will give you good confidance for the written part!!:)
    thanks for that advice, i have yet to start anything for french!! i would imagine it is, there is only so many topics thay can ask about!!! but the sub teacher i was talking about above is taking us for phyiscs! there is still chapters we never did and she has not even opened it or thought us one thing! its just write write write.. which we dont do!!!! argh physics!!!

ya ive just given up on english, apart from the fact that im not going to be using it im my points, hopefully!!!, i hate the subject, id rather be learning about the heart anyday than feckin poetry!! Bull!!

ya english is such a bore, thankfully i did good, B1 in the pre with no revision for it, really winged it, but then again the esays and so suited me lovely!... have you any study plans and the likes or is it like me and just a case of doing what you like when you feel like it??

well you have to have discipline in fearness, i used to do that, even though you are still learning that way, you still have to have to give just as much time to each subject, 2moro morning now, try get up at 8.30, have breakfast and at 9 start your study. start off with 1/2 an hour of a subject you like and find easy just to get the brain going then move on and do an hour of each subject taking breaks every so often, it will pay off and i noticed a difference after a few hourse, its not too bad, the hardest part is getting your arse on the chair, afer that head down and avoid concentration, ready set go, and remember dont think your going to get a whole course done in one week, break it u and plan what you need to do between this and june so as you cover all aspects, dont waste time on stuff that isnt worth much marks and probably wont come up, prioritise!!! hope that gets ya going!! let me know how ya get on!

well you have to have discipline in fearness, i used to do that, even though you are still learning that way, you still have to have to give just as much time to each subject, 2moro morning now, try get up at 8.30, have breakfast and at 9 start your study. start off with 1/2 an hour of a subject you like and find easy just to get the brain going then move on and do an hour of each subject taking breaks every so often, it will pay off and i noticed a difference after a few hourse, its not too bad, the hardest part is getting your arse on the chair, afer that head down and avoid concentration, ready set go, and remember dont think your going to get a whole course done in one week, break it u and plan what you need to do between this and june so as you cover all aspects, dont waste time on stuff that isnt worth much marks and probably wont come up, prioritise!!! hope that gets ya going!! let me know how ya get on!
    thanks will do just that!!! ok i am going to go and get a topic of history out of the way now! the hardest part is getting started!! bye!! ill let ya know how i get on!

thanks will do just that!!! ok i am going to go and get a topic of history out of the way now! the hardest part is getting started!! bye!! ill let ya know how i get on!

Good luck, we'll be fine!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I haven't started yet. I have no discipline or self control :o I got 370 or 80 in the mocks and my first choice is 505, I also need a C3 in maths and I only got a D2 in the mocks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it is never too late to study for anything in this life unless the event you're studying for is in the past.

tests aren't all about what you know, they are about how much information you've retained before the exam has started.

e.g. if some one said X is coming up and you learn X 5 minutes before going in and write all about it and get good marks there, then it wasn't too late.

it is never too late to study for anything in this life unless the event you're studying for is in the past.

tests aren't all about what you know, they are about how much information you've retained before the exam has started.

e.g. if some one said X is coming up and you learn X 5 minutes before going in and write all about it and get good marks there, then it wasn't too late.

:D:D

I haven't started yet. I have no discipline or self control :o I got 370 or 80 in the mocks and my first choice is 505, I also need a C3 in maths and I only got a D2 in the mocks :pac:

+1, i know exactly what you mean!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Its never too late! Keep at it! Just think it will all be over soon! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Right the exams are 2 months away, is it enough time to do your best and get alot of study done, what are you doing as the weeks are closing in, late nights, early mornings??!!!

ah you'll grand just do what you can but try not to get too stressed take time off for something fun, something to take your mind off the exams
    it works so much i'm a worrier i get stressed easily and always get freaked out when i realise how much time i have left to learn every subject but lately i have been walking to calm myself down its really helpful
    just do lots of revision and remember exam papers are your best friends at the mo GOOD LUCK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Its not too late, shut down your PC and start now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

+1, i know exactly what you mean!!

I just couldn't be bothered. I'm so lazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i'm just studyin the night before the exams! doin ok so far! didnt do a tap of study before that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I'm in the same boat, doing grand so far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Very good post, so true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Walsh wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, doing grand so far :D

Same as that,Off to Study for English now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Just looked over some stuff like themes, cultural context and some poets. Nothing too heavy, as my mother says to me, 'If you don't know it now, you won't know it.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Risteard wrote: »
    Just looked over some stuff like themes, cultural context and some poets. Nothing too heavy, as my mother says to me, 'If you don't know it now, you won't know it.'

While that holds true for your own ideas for the essay and your own writing techniques, the quotes can indeed be crammed and they are the only thing you _need_ going in as a good Honours student - otherwise you're doing Honours Learn-The-Essay-Someone-Else-Wrote ;)

Advertisement