Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12g size matters

Options
  • 09-04-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

I've an old English gun 12g that needs a cartrige of 62.5mm ish, problem is that i can't get them, i can get 65mm but 62mm is the proper size so i thinking surely they can be got but all my local dealers are no good.
    Anyone shooting the same, or anyone able to put me on a dealer, would be a great help,thanks Tac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

The size you want is two inch. I don't think they are made anymore, the best bet might be to get a reloader to make some up. You'd want to make sure the gun is nitro proofed as it must be quite old. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

I'm pretty sure Eley still make 2in shells, send them an email. They are still used in the US, so a dealer here can import some from there for you.

As the previous poster stated, it would be prudent to check if it's in Proof which it very possibly is not.

What is the make?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Ya the gun is nitro proofed gunsmith recons my gun was made some where between 1920 to 1950 from what stamps are on the barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

This site might be of interest. http://www.internetgunclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=417&forum=38

Posts a two years old but it seems cartriges were available then. Interesting bit in one post that the guns were made with much thinner chamber and barrel thicknesses to reduce weight.

Advertisement