Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robin for C&C Added Orangutan and Monkey

• 09-04-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

He caught me by surprise so I ended up using what I think was too slow a shutter speed. Doesnt appear as sharp as I would like. Mainly wondering about pp, croping, colour contrast etc.

Recropped
    5DCB15974C2B4684B89FB1412570A221-800.jpg

2B34235E668F4B89918CF0E61174EFF8-800.jpg

Orangutan
    71A28A7DA3DD450A938117638B37FE39-800.jpg

Monkey
    8768F81ED5184C5F8FE93A8AAD36350E-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Looks pretty sharp to me,nice capture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I like it one of the better robin shots on here, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

I think you may have over-sharpened this. It has that noisy look about it. Other than that, I think the pp and clours are great. I'd probably crop the first to a rectangle, there's alot of empty space at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Thanks for the replies.
    Do you think I over-sharpened both or just the second?
    I agree about the first one, a bit too much extra space. I will crop a bit more.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

And I'd crop the bigger picture to leave less space behind him and more in front. Wildlife should have space in the frame to "move into".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

zdooldreb wrote: »
    Do you think I over-sharpened both or just the second?

Both I think. The second looks like it was slightly sharper to begin with due to focus/lack of movement; I think it's a stronger shot in that respect. They're both very good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

Thanks for the advice.
    I tried recropping the first image with more space in the foregroud and less in the background.
    I will try and take it easy on the sharping :) I actually sharpening the 2nd photo more than the first, but you are right it was sharper to start out with.
    Since I appear to be going well I have added an Orangutan and a monkey as well :)

Advertisement