Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get kittens spayed in Dublin/ cost

Options
  • 09-04-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi I recently had the arrival of two kittens in my house, they're both from the same litter and about 6 weeks old. I'm not sure on the sex but I want to get the nutered either way. was wondering if anyone can recommend a place in Dublin? also what kind of cost am I looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

look up the golden pages and find a vet near you there are hundreds of practices in Dublin. cost will really depend if they are boys or girls, males are cheaper to get spayed. id say it would be at least 200 for both but ask your vet for a discount if you get two done at the same time most will give one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We got ours done recently.
    It's far cheaper to get a male done - relatively simple procedure.
    It's harder to do the females so it costs more.
    I think we were charged about €300 to get a male and female done a bit over a month ago. I have the receipt at home and will let you know later tonight.

Typically a vet won't touch them until they're at leats 5 months old. At that stage it'll be fairly easy to tell if they're male or female. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 loopy83

We got our female kitten spayed a few weeks ago in Active Vet Care in cabra, it cost just under €90 and i have to say the vets and nurses were brilliant, there was also a great after care service. There's a couple of clinics around dublin and meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

I know Blue Cross used to have a mobile clinic around Dublin. Check out their website and ring them about prices. If you're on Social welfare I know they used to do it for 20 E each animal.

ring local animal charities also, most of them will have a voucher scheme set up with the vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I had forgotten about this thread!
    We were charged €75 for the male and €100 for the female when we got them done recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement