Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower for Apt with low pressure water

Options
  • 09-04-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

I’m renting an apartment in a complex with seems to have very bad water pressure.
    The current setup is a Triton T80 {does not have built-in pump} with is mains feed and it goes from freezing to boiling hot at random, the hot normally only lasts max 10-20 secs.
    I’ve had Triton out and that have said the issue it the water pressure in going under 2 bars so the heats element is not clicking in.
    There is also a hot water tank in the hall {same level as shower} with a Summer/Winter switch on the thermostat .

What are my option and which is best so I can get a working hot water shower?

Edit: Mod move to DIY if you think I'll get a better answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

*DUMP*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Well the Triton T80 should have a pump, it is one of the few pumped showers that can be fed of the mains water (not a tank) but it needs a certain quality of mains water pressure, it may be the case that you don't have that.

A mixed shower from your water heating system is better than an electric shower, otherwise a tank fed Mira or Triton tank fed pumped shower. The Mixer shower might work out well for you, but electric showers are convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can buy a triton T450i Booster pump. it boosts the mains pressure into the shower. It usually sorts the problem but having sold them years this is only about 90% proven.

I never sell T80'S in dublin or galway cause of this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Stoner:

Yeah I had a tech out from Triton and the issue is with the water pressure going under 2bar iirc.
    Stoner wrote: »
    Well the Triton T80 should have a pump, it is one of the few pumped showers that can be fed of the mains water (not a tank) but it needs a certain quality of mains water pressure, it may be the case that you don't have that.

A mixed shower from your water heating system is better than an electric shower, otherwise a tank fed Mira or Triton tank fed pumped shower. The Mixer shower might work out well for you, but electric showers are convenient.

Joey the lips:

Do you know how hard it is to fit one these and if there is a need for a pro, will a plumber be enough since where is already power in by the tank or will I need a sparks as well?

Finally, can anybody recommend somebody/company to do this work in the { Dublin }City Centre area?

Stoner wrote: »

You can buy a triton T450i Booster pump. it boosts the mains pressure into the shower. It usually sorts the problem but having sold them years this is only about 90% proven.

I never sell T80'S in dublin or galway cause of this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Stoner:

Yeah I had a tech out from Triton and the issue is with the water pressure going under 2bar iirc.

Joey the lips:

Do you know how hard it is to fit one these and if there is a need for a pro, will a plumber be enough since where is already power in by the tank or will I need a sparks as well?

Finally, can anybody recommend somebody/company to do this work in the { Dublin }City Centre area?

How hard??? The plumbing can be done by you if you have access.. Its acceptable to use qualpex. It all depends on you and your confidence. You wont really need an electrician either. The pump is not to heavy so you can use a fused spur. It really all depends on you

Budget € 200 for plumber
    150 Electrician

Roughly of course!

• Advertisement
Advertisement