Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skilled migration question

Options
  • 09-04-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

hey all,
    i'am currently filling out my application for my visa to oz and my girlfriend of seven years is going to be a second applicant. i have my trade recognition letter from t.r.a and im clear on everything except what evidence is needed to show that myself and girlfriend are together!

we where told that we need independent evidence of our relationship, does anyone know what evidence is excepted?

can anyone throw some light on this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

lav1 wrote: »
    hey all,
    i'am currently filling out my application for my visa to oz and my girlfriend of seven years is going to be a second applicant. i have my trade recognition letter from t.r.a and im clear on everything except what evidence is needed to show that myself and girlfriend are together!

we where told that we need independent evidence of our relationship, does anyone know what evidence is excepted?

can anyone throw some light on this??

Well these should work

Proof of same residence for a year
    Bills in your names
    Letters from officail bodies to you both
    Wedding invites with both your names on it

They may also want 2 stat decs stating how you met and your plans for the future

They also have a form you give to 2 other people so they can state they know you are in a relationship (Try and find aussies to do this) get this done twice.

You basically need to show you have been living together for a least a year my advice would be show the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

also if you have a joint bank account(s) include that and any holidays taken together (flights/hotels etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

thanks,
    well we came back from oz last may and since then we,ve been living in my parents so would a letter from my parents be ok as proof of living together??

we dont get bills(thank god:)) and for some reason ive never been to a wedding so have no invites!! but we have joint accounts and have a copy of our flight details from our year away, thats about it really so i'am hoping thats enough??:confused:

would you know the form number for that form to give to people to sign so i could get it of the net??

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

should be, we got a few family members and friends to write about us and our relationship, as proof, as well as envelopes with both our names on them, and various birthday cards/letters we'd sent to each other over the years. had *heaps* of stuff altogether, but figured we'd just go overkill, better than not giving enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

thanks for the replys just getting all our stuff together, theres alot to do:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement