Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biggest DVD collection

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

Ah depends are we talking originals , not so originals ;), or that dreaded illegal downloading of movies, "Down with that sort of thing".

If so,Last count (about a year back) had 500+ dvd's, bought many since and alot off blue-ray's also. not so originals 200+ and if i was to download illegal material i reckon i would download somewhere in the region of 300+ but i don't..booo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Ive about 5 dvds last time I checked, all scratched to bits.

Yes i do like my dvds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

jaybee747 wrote: »
    Ah depends are we talking originals , not so originals ;), or that dreaded illegal downloading of movies, "Down with that sort of thing".

If so,Last count (about a year back) had 500+ dvd's, bought many since and alot off blue-ray's also. not so originals 200+ and if i was to download illegal material i reckon i would download somewhere in the region of 300+ but i don't..booo!!

OP here, no, not talking downloads, just disks (or is that discs?) anyway, DVD, Blu-ray, HD-DVD when they were out.

I've about 230 movies and 127 TV box-sets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

DVDs are for fools who want to waste money lining the pockets of fat american whore masters. I just rip whatever from the net and proud of it.

redout wrote: »
    DVDs are for fools who want to waste money lining the pockets of fat american whore masters. I just rip whatever from the net and proud of it.

Keyboard warriors:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

But I am very picky about what I add to the collection.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/xcom123

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Xcom2 wrote: »

But I am very picky about what I add to the collection.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/xcom123

X

If the top of the list is anything to go by ("Incredible Hulk", "Hills Have Eyes 2" and "Two and a Half Men Season 3" among others) then clearly yours and most normal peoples definitions of 'picky' are two very different things.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I keep mine in a phallic like shelf,
    Do I win the dvd-peen war?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

127 TV box-sets

Give names of Tv Box sets your interested in:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I have about 210 films and 5500 songs.

Give names of Tv Box sets your interested in:P
    okay then, Stargate, B5, 24 Torchwood, Red dwarf, Angel, Murphy's Law, Rescue me, Jericho, CSI Miami, Law & Order, Andromeda, The 4400, Rome, Star Trek, Smallville, Quantum Leap, BSG, Macgyver, Seaquest, Scrubs, David Attenborough...is that enough?:D:p

to be honest, from reading this thread, i would put a dvd and cd collection as a bigger waste of money than smoking and i don't even smoke.

we worked out before on 20mb broadband that it was quicker to find the album online, download, extract and add to itunes.. than it was to have the cd in your hand and rip it into itunes the old fashioned way.
    think we had it down to 3/4 minutes to get an album into itunes and about 10 minutes till we were watching a movie on xbox. ah the days of 2050kb/sec downloads..

anyways, for practicality reasons, downloads are better.. i have my tv remote and xbox controller beside me here. i can switch on both without moving, my xbox is connected to a hard-drive with 500+ movies, loads of tv series and hundreds of albums. that i can jus flick through and watch. in turn, my xbox is connected to a hifi so it's good for music aswell. and even better, my xbox is hooked up to my mac itunes so i can stream any new music through the network. try that with cds.

then if you go as far as using xbmc for your movie and cd collection, it makes the idea of a dvd seem primitive and limited.

then there's the positive side of bands not getting cd sales.. they're going to make their income from concerts which is way better for the fans anyway cause we're happy to pay 70euro to see them actually be a band.

as for movies, yea they're gonna lose money but people will still go to the cinema and clearly people will still buy dvds and blu-ray. the actors jus might not get 20 million a movie anymore.

edit: jus thought of this, i had american history x on my phone, was chattin to one of the lads in work who hadn't seen it so i blue-toothed it to his phone so he could watch it later.. was one of them moments where i thought, how is that even possible compared to ten years ago. i don't mean the scaled down version, i mean proper 1.4gig download.

24 CSI Miami Scrubs,.is that enough?:D:p

Only tv shows I watch out of that list. More of a TV Show man then a DVD one.

TV Show list:
    Lost
    Heroes
    Dexter
    Entourage
    Scrubs
    CSI
    Greys Anatomy
    Burn Notice
    Prison Break
    The Shield
    Roswell High
    Skins
    The Unit
    O.C

There just the ones I have the boxset of:) Watch a few more just on tv

Recommend any more good ones to watch?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I've about 700 titles. Probably have about 1500 discs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I have a copy of The Most Fertile Man In Ireland that I got free with the paper and a scratched dvd of I Am Legend...Both are shit

EDIT:If anyone wants to give me Band Of Brothers Il be happy to oblige!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Galvasean wrote: »
    Close to 300 I think.
    View here:
    http://galvasean.dvdaf.com/owned

I know a guy with over 3,000. Just wait until he posts.
    basquille wrote: »

Cool site - I have wondered if there was a site for this type of thing.

Tried signing up but on the signup page the Security Code that appears says Error and then highlights this when I click register. :confused:

I'll try this again over the weekend and see can I get it working. I stopped counting a long time ago - think it was a couple hundred maybe. I'll update if the site works.

Tried signing up but on the signup page the Security Code that appears says Error and then highlights this when I click register. :confused:

if you give me your email address and password, i'll sign you up? ;)

Only tv shows I watch out of that list. More of a TV Show man then a DVD one.

TV Show list:
    Lost
    Heroes
    Dexter
    Entourage
    Scrubs
    CSI
    Greys Anatomy
    Burn Notice
    Prison Break
    The Shield
    Roswell High
    Skins
    The Unit
    O.C

There just the ones I have the boxset of:) Watch a few more just on tv

Recommend any more good ones to watch?:)

I'd suggest Rescue Me, brilliant comedy/drama, the same goes for Entourage and maybe Private Practice.

Other great shows you can get for next to nothing are Over There and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. two greats cut down in their pilot season because America couldn't handle them:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

to be honest, from reading this thread, i would put a dvd and cd collection as a bigger waste of money than smoking and i don't even smoke.

physical formats rule.

I guess you hate vinyl too?

my DVDs span approximately 70 feet of shelf space.

• Advertisement

I'd suggest Rescue Me, brilliant comedy/drama, the same goes for Entourage and maybe Private Practice.

Other great shows you can get for next to nothing are Over There and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. two greats cut down in their pilot season because America couldn't handle them:(

My brother has Stuido 60 on the Sunet Strip, beign meaning to watch it. And Private Practise is on the list to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

http://serialmatrix.dvdaf.com/owned

337 titles, 577 discs

Though I've a few more that I couldn't find titles for so couldn't add them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 billiamlynch

My collection is as follows.
    Blue ray 25
    Digital download 27
    Dvd tv shows. 77
    Dvd Films. 537
    Total. 666
    I also still own 184 vhs films which brings my total collection up to : 853.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

About 4 TB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

My collection is as follows.
    Blue ray 25
    Digital download 27
    Dvd tv shows. 77
    Dvd Films. 537
    Total. 666
    I also still own 184 vhs films which brings my total collection up to : 853.
    You signed up to Boards and dragged up a 4 year old thread to post that?!
    You must be really proud of your collection. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

A dude my dad works with has a shed built especially for his collection, circa 5,000 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement