Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathetic Creche owner

Options
  • 09-04-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Right guys we have reached a new low with this one.

Daughter (3 year old) attends a crèche and today my pregnant wife left her little bag at home by mistake with crèche fees in.

She dropped our daughter to her minders (who usually drops during school holidays) and was going to go home and drop the bag in but the minder told her not to as was running late and that she had a change of clothes for my daughter as a spare. The wife forgot about the money until she got home this afternoon.

Apparently my daughter was left out of all the Easter activities out of a class of 20 children (colouring, making stuff etc) and it can only be since she forgot about giving her the money.

Am I imagining things or is this totally unacceptable behaviour from an adult.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

In my opinion, is it totally unacceptable for the Creche to do this regardless of wether or not it was due to the non-payment of creche fees.

Firstly, we're all human and these things happen, there has to be some leeway and flexibility allowed.

Secondly, if the creche wish to not provide service due to non-payment of fees, the shoud simply deny your child admission to the creche. It is totally unacceptable that they should take your child in and emotionally abuse them by intentionally excluding them from activities, if this is what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

name and shame

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is this the first time you have forgot to pay?

Bad form anyway, no excusing it.

EDIT: Are you sure that was the reason? Maybe your child was out of sorts. you will have to get your facts right before you jump the gun. How do you know your child was exculded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

on a personal level it's petty and ignorant, but worse on a childcare/business level, to victimize the child in that way is beyond unprofessional...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I'm pretty sure there is no way I could remain non-violent if my daughter was treated in this manner, especially for something so trivial. It's totally unacceptable. I know it's probably a huge hassle but if I were you I'd think about finding alternate arrangements.

• Advertisement

I wonder would you have legal recourse? In which case, you probably wouldn't want to prejudice your case by discussing it here...

Surely you could get a professional psychologist to testify to the damaging effects this type of treatment would have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

di11on wrote: »
    I wonder would you have legal recourse? In which case, you probably wouldn't want to prejudice your case by discussing it here...

Surely you could get a professional psychologist to testify to the damaging effects this type of treatment would have?

Are you for real? Yes it was bad form and the OP should sit down with the creche owner and discuss this but you sound as if you are one of those people looking to sue for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

If your child was ommitted from activities for that reason only, that is absolutely horrific behaviour from a childcare professional. Personally, I would name and shame and if that happened my daughter, Id be outside the creche after the holidays telling the other parents what happened too. I hope your little girl is ok, how can anyone do that to a three year old?

killwill wrote: »
    Are you for real? Yes it was bad form and the OP should sit down with the creche owner and discuss this but you sound as if you are one of those people looking to sue for anything.

People should be brought to account for their actions and where children are involved, there should be negative consequences for businesses who mistreat children.

Mistreatment of children isn't "anything".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

People should be brought to account for their actions

so, do you have your solicitors on speed-dial for this purpose?:pac:

Surely it would be easier to just work on trying to find a new creche?
    I'm sure the person will probably have to do this anyway once he gets "lawyered up" and starts making threats to sue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

Seriously!! Legal action!! Come on that's madness. If you find that your daughter was excluded because the fees were not paid them you can have a chat with the manager/owner and if you were still unhappy call the health who can call out to the creche to make sure everything is above board. I find it highly unlikely that the child was excluded because the fees were not paid on time!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ok people, less of the advising legal action please. No one here is a solicitor or knowledgable about the area.

Also, please don't ask people to name and shame. It strays far too close to the area of libel and we have no way of knowing that people aren't just spreading rumours because they dislike a business or are in competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Banrion

Judging by your account that the creche left her out for those reasons, that is totally out of order, cruel and unacceptable. Brings a lump to my throat tbh to picture the wee girl sitting out of all those fun things that children adore.
    However, theres 2 sides to every story. Dont go in guns blazing. If you are going to approach them make sure you go in with all facts straight......who told who that she was left out? Might the story have been embellished third hand? Facts lost along the way? Im not saying thats true but just make sure, for your own sake, that everything is up front and above board and ...true.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

JJJJNR wrote: »

Apparently my daughter was left out of all the Easter activities out of a class of 20 children (colouring, making stuff etc) and it can only be since she forgot about giving her the money.

Am I imagining things or is this totally unacceptable behaviour from an adult.

Do you know for definite that she was excluded due to the non payment of fees?????

There could be a million different reasons she was excluded: She could have been tired/sick and asked not to be included/it may not have been her group - may have been the younger or the older kids etc etc (I can think of plenty of other reasons).

Do you know for definite all the circumstances surrounding this "exclusion"?

Mena wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there is no way I could remain non-violent if my daughter was treated in this manner, especially for something so trivial. It's totally unacceptable. I know it's probably a huge hassle but if I were you I'd think about finding alternate arrangements.

You would be violent over this???? What would this solve? Would it make the child feel better over being excluded? Would it make you feel better?

How do you think this would look to your daughter? What kind of example do you think this would set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I dont think we know enough of the facts to villainize the creche.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

fly_agaric wrote: »

Surely it would be easier to just work on trying to find a new creche?
    I'm sure the person will probably have to do this anyway once he gets "lawyered up" and starts making threats to sue.

I dont think so, that was discraceful. And other parents should know about this creche. If they treat a child like that over fee's(which is beyond the childs control), what other ways do they treat the children? Id be looking into it, and having STRONG words with the creche owners, im not one to keep quiet about things, if that happened to my daughter there would be trouble:mad:

michellie wrote: »
    If they treat a child like that over fee's

Has it been confirmed that the child was excluded over the fees not being paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Mena wrote: »

Violence!!!!! You are being scarcastic right?

fly_agaric wrote: »

Wow - just because someone suggests that people shouldn't get away with doing stuff that harms others, and in this case, the most vunerable members of our society, you assume it is financially motivated.

Maybe you're right. Maybe it's over the top getting angry when the most vunerable members of our society are used as pawns to recoup a debt. We should just move on, take it on the chin and let them continue doing what they're doing with no negative conequences whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Wow - just because someone suggests that people shouldn't get away with doing stuff that harms others, and in this case, the most vunerable members of our society, you assume it is financially motivated.

Maybe you're right. Maybe it's over the top getting angry when the most vunerable members of our society are used as pawns to recoup a debt. We should just move on, take it on the chin and let them continue doing what they're doing with no negative conequences whatsoever.

We still don't know the circumstances around this.

We don't know if there is a history of not paying fees. Is it possible that a warning was issued that this would happen if fees were not paid? And most importantly we don't know if the reason the child was excluded was due to the non payment of fees.

Why would someone go straight to their solicitor on this???? Why not just ring the creche owner and calmly discuss the situation with them??? *

* In a non violent manner!!! I assume (well I god honestly hope!!) those references to violence in previous posts were in jest!

Could the OP not discuss rationally what actually happened with the creche owner?

Violence!!!!! Solicitiors!!!!!! How ridiculous at this stage!!!! How about talking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Sorry guys but yeah I do feel very angry about this, not in the violent way.

We never missed any payments, she only goes to play school there and only 3 mornings a week. The fee's are low so its never been an issue.

I had a chat with my daughter on Friday and by her she was told specifically that she wasnt making some things and she wasn't allowed.

Anyway looks like it was a misunderstanding on our part, I called the creche and all the children made stuff on thursday and my daughter was out playing but they never got around to making a couple of things with her.

Glad I made that call anyway regardless of how it makes me look in her eyes.

All's well that ends well! I am glad to hear she was not excluded (for that or any reason).

Phew! Bet you are glad you didn't go in all guns blazing!

Has anyone learned anything from this thread?

Over reaction is not good. no need for legalities or violence. Talk is good!

Oh also don't take what kids say as being law!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 samsmam

Everyone! Am flabbergasted - just read these threads from start to end and watched all unfold!! Congrats all for being indignant on the part of the parent and child over an injustice!! But without knowing the true facts which have now been revealed ...a lot of rash comments were made! And we wonder why the world's messed up! Communication! communication! Communication! the only way to go!!! And violence...never resolves anything!!! shouldn't we teach our kids to bigger than that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Actually call for the OP to be banned as a horrifying example of overreation in the modern Ireland and someone who screamed instead of talking first and getting ready for war where a lowering of the prejudicial barriers might have eased ths entire situation in the first place. Delighted to hear that the foreign-managed creche wasn't f*cking up at all.

samsmam wrote: »
    Everyone! Am flabbergasted - just read these threads from start to end and watched all unfold!! Congrats all for being indignant on the part of the parent and child over an injustice!! But without knowing the true facts which have now been revealed ...a lot of rash comments were made! And we wonder why the world's messed up! Communication! communication! Communication! the only way to go!!! And violence...never resolves anything!!! shouldn't we teach our kids to bigger than that!!!

Yes, when I read this thread first I just could not believe what was being spouted out by some people.

I think people tend to take what their children say as fact, instead of thinking logically about situations and checking facts before flying off the handle. I hope people are reassesing their past reactions and hopefully will react differently in the future. Communication people!

Mojomaker - maybe I picked it up wrong but I am not sure the creche was noted to be "foreign" owned or if that was stated tp be any part of the issue....

Advertisement