Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binge Eating

• 09-04-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi!
    Not sure if this is in the right forum but I'am just looking for a bit of advice...
    I've battled with my weight my whole life and last year I joined weight watchers, started exercising regularly and I lost 3 stone. I am now for the first time in my life the correct weight for my height and I am really happy with my body. My problem is that I cant seem to move past the habits of my past - mainly binge eating! I eat a real balanced diet and I don't deny myself treats so its not like I binge eat out of hunger or out of denying myself certain foods! Its just every once and a while I slip out of my routine and if I do that then I just have to eat all around me! Its really horrible because I end up feeling sick, guilty and depressed. I'am also really scared that I won't ever be able to control it and I will eventually put all the weight back on!
    I'd really love to know if there is anyone else out there who experiences this kind of thing and if anyone could possibly give me some advice on how to control the urge to binge eat? I'd really appreciate a bit of help cause its really getting me down.:(
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Wow, that is my exact situation. Although I havn't lost as much weight as you. I felt good and confident about a month or two ago and do eat really well but then I just go and binge and feel so bad after it. Now I can kinda see the weight creeping back on. I would love some advice too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Binge eating is a recognised eating disorder and as such I'm afraid we're not qualified here to be able to provide advice about it.

www.bodywhys.ie are a great organisation who may be able to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement