Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo Ocean race bands???

Options
  • 09-04-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Does anyone else agree, that the band line-up for the Volvo Ocean Race sucks the big one....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Posting the lineup wouldn't have killed you...

Until then... don't know, so can't agree

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I have the weeks timetable somewhere.

Yeah its sucky but it's free so you're in no position to complain. If you dislike it that much, don't go

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Turns out that Zeppelin were booked for an airshow that weekend.

What were you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I can't wait to see the Hothouse Flowers, other than that, yes it's quite disappointing.

I reckon it'll be some craic. Free concert in these recessionary times? Epic win and fair dues to Lets Do It Galway - if it were anyone else they'd be trying to charge people for anything they could

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Will the Sawdocs be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Don't know what the line-up is but everyone should just go and enjoy, throw back some bevvies, smoke some chong and enjoy the event.

What more do we really need?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

I think The Stunning and Blasterbra are playing anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Ok wait a minute JC & Pope. It was a bit of fun thread, before you take your ball and go home.

Not all the bands suck and it is free but many state companies are pouring millions into this, so in reality it is not as free as you think.

I know the argument can be put forward that it will bring money to the economy but the way things are handled in this country, it will only be a very small few who will benefit

I think the lineup for such an international event is poor is all I was saying.

If you would like to see the lineup Pope please go to www.letsdoitgalway.com

I don't mean to sound so negative about it and to be quiet honest I'm really looking forward to it, so brighten up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'm looking forward to seeing the Stunning, great live band. Not too gone on the rest but will be some craic around the race village anyway no matter who's playing. This is going to be a great event for Galway, so what if they didn't get U2...

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    This is going to be a great event for Galway, so what if they didn't get U2...

U2 bailed out when rumours started spreading that they'd be pushed off the stage and into the docks :pac:

Ohh the Timbertramps are playing, YE MUST see them, they are fantastic!
    The Stunning and HH Flowers also on my list!

Will the Sawdocs be playing?

No they won't be playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Legfend

Having been down to the ocean race yday i gotta say its a feckin class set up! Its like a free mini festival! No queues at all hardly, you can stroll in or stroll out any time you like and you're right beside all the pubs and clubs if you get bored. The bands arent of the best quality but theres the odd gem. I watched Neev Kennedy last night, she was great. Much better than Lucia Evans, another You're A Douchebag tool, who was headline. I'm not into the Coronas really but they should be a bit of a laugh on Friday. Also, security is pretty lax as regards the BYOB thing. As long as you have whatever you're drinking in a plastic bottle, they wont bat an eyelid. The beers are 5 euro inside so its a bit ridiculous. I even saw one guy sipping from a can of Pratsky in full view of security and nothing was done. You can definitely make your own fun there even if you're not that into the bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Coronas should be worth a look on Friday

d-gal wrote: »
    Coronas should be worth a look on Friday

Not in comparison to their support band who, IMO, kick their asses any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Robbo wrote: »
    Turns out that Zeppelin were booked for an airshow that weekend.

What were you expecting?

I don't think they are playing lol, btw, i saw them play in London's O2 december 08, incredible evening.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mise19

what time are the coronas actually gona be on stage on friday? anyone know?

mise19 wrote: »
    what time are the coronas actually gona be on stage on friday? anyone know?

Main acts are 9.30...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mise19

cool, thanks!:)

• Advertisement

No problem, but get there for the support act. Stonelakes are a fantastic band(better than the Coronas!). I might go in myself to see Stonelakes but won't be sticking around for the Coronas.
    Going into the HHF tonight though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

just saw the flowers practicing for tonight .... :D:D

040_thumb_1.jpg

029_thumb_1.jpg

030_thumb.jpg

034_thumb.jpg

AWw, mightn't be able to go now, have no lift in or out!

Does anybody know what time they will be finishing up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

mars bar wrote: »
    AWw, mightn't be able to go now, have no lift in or out!

Does anybody know what time they will be finishing up at?

9.30 start anyway
    doesnt the race village close at 11???

minxie wrote: »
    9.30 start anyway
    doesnt the race village close at 11???

Oh really? That could be good...

Advertisement