Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson w705

• 09-04-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

I have a platinum upgrade at O2 that will give me this phone for nothing. I've done a quick forum search on boards but can't turn up any user reviews!

Based on the spec, it seems to be underpriced by O2, relative to other phones they have. It has Wifi and looks to have decent mp3 options. They are charging more for phones with much lower specs (eg €49 for a Sony Ericsson W890i, €69 for a Sony Ericsson W910i )

Ideally i want a decent mp3 player and radio (which this seems to have), decent internet options as i use the phone as a modem a lot (check). I'd prefer a better camera and touch screen, but its not a deal breaker.

I'd have to pay €149 for the Nokia 5800 Xpress(ok, touch screen), €249 for a Nokia N95, same for a Sony Ericsson C905 (better camera).

Am i missing something here? I don't mind paying out the 100+ for a much better phone, but i can't see the obvious differences. If anybody can suggest any other O2 listed phones i should look at as well that'd be much appreciated.

Also, if i buy this on Platinum, i'm extending my contact and can't switch to O2 Clear for a while, right? Can i switch to Clear first and then upgrade. Haven't used an upgrade before, so a rather stupid question!:o

Advertisement