Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90's nights in Galway

Options
  • 09-04-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Just had a bit of 90's dance/hip hop/Cheese playing on last.fm all day and I was wondering if any clubs/bars in Galway ever have a 90's theme night.

I recall seeing a poster for 90's night outside GPO around rag week and they have that whole 80's thing once a week, I mean who listen's to 80's music!!!! Such a bad decade *awaits backlash*

Anyway I'd love to check out something like this some night and maybe even take out my adidas tear offs's for the occasion:D:D
    so if anyone knows of such an event let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Oh God, '90s nights are retro (no offence to '90's music!)

*reaches for zimmerframe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

i think cuba does a 90s night on a....tuesday? and i think cps do it on a friday....

i stand to be corrected though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PeterVenkman

Cuba used to do 90's Night about 5 times a year, specifically for key times in the student calender (Freshers, RAG week etc)

They don't do them anymore, they ran them for about 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

....and now the correct reply.....

GPO are the only club that at the moment that have a 90's night which is on Thursday's.

Cuba's last 90's night, which was put on 4 times a year, had their final one during this years rag week. There's no plans to bring it back.

CP's don't have a 90's night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Always thought Thursdays were 90s Night in Cuba, and GPO definitely throw some 90s music into their 80s Night on a Weds.

• Advertisement

Always thought Thursdays were 90s Night in Cuba, and GPO definitely throw some 90s music into their 80s Night on a Weds.

Well now you know Thursday's are not 90's night in cuba and yes they do throw in more up to date stuff in on the 80's night in GPO, partly because most of the crowd wouldn't have been born till 88/89.
    Not that I'm saying you have to been born in a certain decade to know its music of course

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

paulhannon wrote: »
    Well now you know Thursday's are not 90's night in cuba and yes they do throw in more up to date stuff in on the 80's night in GPO, partly because most of the crowd wouldn't have been born till 88/89.
    Not that I'm saying you have to been born in a certain decade to know its music of course
    Probably also because nearly every 80s setlist is the same!

Indeed yes....I haven't heard any new 80's music in quite sometime :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Yea seen a new poster outside GPO with Thursday advertised as 90's night,
    Just a pity it's GPO!!

Will probably go along for a Larf one of the night's, I've still got Bomfunk MC's freestyler in my head since We threw a 90's theme party in my place a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

paulhannon wrote: »

GPO are the only club that at the moment that have a 90's night which is on Thursday's.

Actually the Warwick have been playing 90s music on Saturdays for the last 15 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement