Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest me a Doctor...

Options
  • 09-04-2009 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

I dont think we have run a thread like this before but my local doctor I have used all my life retired yday, Dr O'Brien in Caherdavin if anyone knows the guy, top dude and cheap.

Anyway recommend me a good doctor that is cheap, last doc was 30 euro a visit, not that I am sick but going to need one soon if I do get sick per se.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I have heard that the Polish doctors in Johns Square are very good. A couple of Irish people I know have gone there and said that the service and care there is excellent. I think i will go to them from now on. My own doctor is a grumpy so and so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Do Wan

coming over here taking our jobs and our wimmin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Oh my God. Morris retired? What a legend of a man. I have been going to him since I was three. :(

I remember he got a complaint off the health board for not charging people enough money. He also gave you a sick note for anything if you wanted to get off school. Sad day for Caherdavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Chong wrote: »
    Anyway recommend me a good doctor that is cheap, last doc was 30 euro a visit, not that I am sick but going to need one soon if I do get sick per se.

Bloody hell thats cheap, my f'er charges me 50 so he can give the wrong medication and then 20 quid for the right medication the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Do Wan wrote: »
    coming over here taking our jobs and our wimmin

I'd gladly let them have our women in exchange for theirs.;)

Anyways back on topic. OP you could try Dr McCann who is also out close to Caherdavin. Both her and her daughter have a practice across from Ivans as you head up towards LIT/Thomand Park.

• Advertisement

Bloody hell thats cheap, my f'er charges me 50 so he can give the wrong medication and then 20 quid for the right medication the next week.

They have to charge 50. That's the price set down by either the health board or their union as they don't want competition. Dr. O'Brian just ignored that and use to just charge whatever he felt was necessary. Sometimes he wouldn't even charge you anything if you were only there for a few minutes.

They have to charge 50. That's the price set down by either the health board or their union as they don't want competition. Dr. O'Brian just ignored that and use to just charge whatever he felt was necessary. Sometimes he wouldn't even charge you anything if you were only there for a few minutes.

Sounds like a legend of a man. Reminds me of another doctor of the old stock, Dr Noonan on Catherine Place. He is retired also, more's the pity. Never saw a man wield an ear syringe with such authority, bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Harry Comber, legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Jeez, I get charged €60!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

This guy is cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Southill

Dr Gerald O'Regan on O'Connell street(by mothercare) is a brilliant doctor he is especially for children well every one really hes funny too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The O'Connells on the Ennis Road are my doctors. Can't fault them, but price was €60 last time I went, however I made a number of visits over a few weeks last year and they didn't charge me for each visit, just 1 or 2.

elmolesto wrote: »
    This guy is cheap.

EEEEK!!

elmolesto wrote: »
    This guy is cheap.

That guy is useless. I went to him with a pain in my balls and he ended up eating my brains. Going to make a complaint to the Mid Western Health board in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

ninty9er wrote: »
    The O'Connells on the Ennis Road are my doctors. Can't fault them, but price was €60 last time I went, however I made a number of visits over a few weeks last year and they didn't charge me for each visit, just 1 or 2.
    Where abouts are they on the ennis road?

Chong wrote: »
    Where abouts are they on the ennis road?
    Just opposite O'Brien Kelly's that used to be Mace and Esso near the Union Cross. There's a sign in the garden.

Going to make a complaint to the Mid Western Health board in the morning.

You're about 5 years too late

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Just opposite O'Brien Kelly's that used to be Mace and Esso near the Union Cross. There's a sign in the garden.
    Ya I used them once before, it was a young lady doctor who looked after me. She was nice and gentle to give her her dues.

Aidric wrote: »
    Ya I used them once before, it was a young lady doctor who looked after me. She was nice and gentle to give her her dues.

It's a father, son and daughter trio with a nurse too. It's come a long way in the last 6/7 years. They've all got a good manner, and while I don't want to sound like any one is more experienced than the other, it helps that the 2 kids have their dad to ask when in doubt. It ceertainly made a difference to me. It's like an automatic second opinion when one is unsure, without having to go elsewhere and pay for it.

You're about 5 years too late

I drive a DeLorean so it ain't a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Dr Ronan Ryder at the Mill Street Medical Centre off Lower Gerald Griffin street is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

Dooradoyle Medical Clinic is great. I go to Dr Kenneth Cahill and find him brilliant. Cost it €50 but he really takes his time and goes through everything with you. He is thorough and makes you feel like he's interested as opposed to rushing you out so he can get his €50 off the next patient.

Advertisement